Complaint Review: Directv

• Reported By: John Q — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Directv
PO Box 78626, Phoenix, AZ 85062 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Directv Direct tv Product Misrepresentation By Directv Reps Las Vegas, Nevada

On a limited budget we called to upgrade our Directv system in our home in Las Vegas. We called upgrade to DVR's on a couple of TV's in our home. Since we are on limited budget the rep suggested that we buy the directv whole home product. We had the rep on speaker phone and asked him more than once if we would have all the capabilities our current DVR's have.  He said "yes". Very happy with our savings we purchased this product.

After install we find out that our new whole home system is limited capability and really can't do the most important feature of dvr - "rewind" - What? Are you kidding me?... Well it does if you choose to record the event ahead of time, but who goes to every channel and has to program it to record as they get to it in case they want to rewind ... absolutely no one.

I called to complain about being duped in a very nice manner and transferred to 2 different employees. [continued below]....
..... The last of whom was a supervisor who went by "Brittany". My complaint fell on deaf ears and lots of talking in circles. I had been charged $128 to downgrade my DVR capability and traded in a working DVR for this "upgrade". Seems to me the easy solution is replace my DVR that was taken or give me back my old one and apply the $128 that I paid for something I didn't need but was mislead to purchase toward a new DVR.  Granted I don't know the inner workings of Directv so my request might not be possible but I would expect something close to this or some attempt by directv to perform customer service for a case where their employee had mislead me.

Instead the offer from Brittany was buy 2 DVR's at full price no credit for what I had already been charged nor credit for the DVR which they took from my home when they installed the equipment I didn't need. And I should be happy as I got such a great deal on the equipment that I didn't need.

Completely appalled at the pompousness of the agent I admitted got frustrated and gave the analogy of "I ask for a headlight for my car and you send me a shiny bumper and say it was a great deal on the bumper so we can't send you a replacement headlight".

I was told by Brittany my request is out of the question and not even a consideration, and "sorry I misunderstood". There was no misunderstanding, I was mislead.

I was told there is no other avenue to get my problem solved other than write the president of Directv.  I told her there is another avenue I will put this story online for all to read.  Her response, "slandering Directv won't help you".

I guess if the truth tells how Directv treats their customers it is considered slander.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/Directv-Direct-tv-Product-Misrepresentation-By-Directv-Reps-Las-Vegas-Nevada-851746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv