Complaint Review: Directv

• Updated: Mon, May 02, 2011

• Reported By: Freda — Pointblank Texas United States of America
Directv

Directv Early Cancellation Fee , Internet

Had Directv since July 2004, payments were sent directly to them each month from my bank, was never late with my payments.

Received my June 2010, statement showing I was behind for my May payment.  I  went to the bank, they faxed the statement to Directv to prove that the payment was indeed sent out to them.. I called to make sure they received the fax, and I was told they would research and get back in touch with me within 10 days, never reveived a letter, email or call.

On July15,  2010 received statement, for both May & June. plus late charges... They never bother to write, email or call me to say they never received the May payment... I went back to the bank and they again faxed my  bank statements proving both May and June payment was indeed paid and mailed out to them. Teller at the bank checked to see if the May check was ever cashed, they never recived the cancellation check back, so it was lost in mail or at Directv office..

I instructed the bank teller to cancel the May check #113208, and re-issue a new check to make the May payment.. The June payment had been sent out on June 9, 2010

When I got back home they had disconnected my service... I called them and ask for the final bill since they had cancelled the service, without notification... My final bill was $33.06, which I paid immediately..

Later got a call from them that since the service was cancelled early I still owe $148.75... I have received many, many calls...  I sent a letter to Dispute Department on April 15, 2011...  located P.O. Box 6550 Greenwood Village, Colorado  80155-6550 ...they never wrote back, however: I was sent a statement showing that it was written off on Sept 23, 2010, due to non-payment.. leaving a balance of -0-

They have now turned it over to "Focus Receivables Management" 1130 Northchase Parkway, Suite 150 Marietta, Ga 30067   Phone: 1-866-664-2513.  I called them and told them I had received a statement from Greenwood Village that the cancellation fee had indeed been written off, but she denied it...stating I still owe the $148.75

Since I had been a customer since July 2004, never late on my payments, as the bank is total control in sending the payments out on time.... and since Directv chose to cancel my service on July 15, 2010, that is exactly 6 years from July 2004 to July 2010, of continued service. A contract was signed only once, which was in July 2004, so how am I still under contract?

All sales and representives are very rude, and will not listen to an explaination.. They even hang up on me... I was paying $84.62 a month, was outrageous . Dish is only $49.00 per month.

I am begging for someone to take control of this situation.  I am very tired and have been sick in hosp for 2 months   Harassment is never ending. Thank you for your help in this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2011 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/internet/Directv-Early-Cancellation-Fee-Internet-724647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv