Complaint Review: Directv

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Risk4song — California
Internet USA

Directv Most unprofessional company I've ever worked with Internet

I was referred to directv by a neighbor and the first few months the service was fine. When I started having problems with their faulty equipment, dvr pixelating and lagging images and sound not coming through all together I called customer service. They walked me through resetting everything over the phone and said if that didn't work to call back. When I called back and told them I had already gone through the process they told me I needed to do it again, and that if it didn't work I would have to pay shipping and handling for new equipment. Which is ridiculous because I take great care of the equipment so I know it is not my fault this is happening.

When I went to cancel my service they refused to give me any documentation on the cost and said "take my word for it." No professional organization would be unable to give you clear documentation of the costs you will incur. I was discussing this with my sister, a personal banker, and she informed me that she has several customers put a stop to miscellaneous changes they were receiving from directv. Of course if you cancel an account prematurely their will be charges incurred but no reputable company would do any of the above stayed instances. They may be more inexpensive than other companies, but you get what you pay for here. I have a high disdain for this company and would never recommend it to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/internet/Directv-Most-unprofessional-company-Ive-ever-worked-with-Internet-1057948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv