Complaint Review: Directv

• Reported By: JBlair — Phoenix Arizona
Directv
Nationwide USA

Directv Dreck Tv Phoenix Nationwide

Remember the good old days when television was FREE.  Now  you have to pay a fortune to watch your favorite shows and it keeps getting more expensive each year.  Let's talk about Directv or in Yiddish Dreck Tv.  I, by force, have been a Directv customer for several years.  I subscribe to their Choice Xtra package which is supposed to be approx. 250 channels.  First of all who can't watch 250 channels.  I have gone through the menu quite extensively and have made several notes.  3 of the channels are ION television channels 51,305,306.  There are 3 QVC's all showing the SAME programming.  approx 50+ % of the channels are informercials.  The other day I counted 6 channels at the same time showing Adam Levine promoting Proactive.  I'm a fan of Adam's with his group Marroon 5 and as a judge on The Voice, but REALLY 6 channels showing the same informercial at the same time!  There's more....There are 2 GSN channels,  and before you ask NO I don't subscribe to HD  I know how that works= I channel is regular and the other is HD.  Channel 322 the same as 361 84 same as 270, 88 same as 268 95 same as 232, 86 same as 250  show me where I get 250 channels of Great programming.  There's more, but I think I got my point across. I've given some thought of going back to cable, but it seems to be just as bad and expensive.  Now that the signal is digital not analog any longer you can't even use rabbit ears or an antenna on your roof to receive just your local stations.  The bottom line " The have you by the *#@*.   Currently I'm trying to get in touch with Sonic Tap who supplies Dreck Tv with their music channels.  I've spoken with their customer service department sveral times and no one knows anything about Sonic Tap and how to contact them.  How is that possible?  Besides Country music I love oldies Doo Wop so I would always have channel 802 Malt Shop on at home for hours.  I grew up during that era and know the music very well.  Recently they have drastically changed their music library and it NO Longer sounds likeit use to.  Why?  Who's bright idea was it to do this?  It wasn't broke why try to fix it?  I challenge anyone at Sonic Tap to come up with a valid reason.  Trust me, I could give anyone at Sonic Tap a run for their money when it comes to the music.  The only hope for us forced to subscribe to companies like Dreck Tv is the hope that some day we can pick and choose the channels we want and NOT get stuck paying for the many we don't want and aren't worth having.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2014 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/nationwide/Directv-Dreck-Tv-Phoenix-Nationwide-1155663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv