Complaint Review: Directv

• Updated: Mon, June 30, 2014

• Reported By: martha — Bokeelia Florida
Directv
Nationwide USA

Directv Went into my account without my permission, 2 days total 541.42 left me with 17 cents. I am on foodstamps sell everything to move up north. That was the money I was going to use to move with. I did not just igonre their calls I was in contact with them. They never notified me. Greenwood Nationwide

*General Comment: Read the fine print...

i would like to report directv went into my bank account without my permission. they took out a total of 541.42. i have no income litterly i work for my son so he will pay rent. i always worked had directv for 4 years was a good customer, fell on very very hard times because i moved to help my son and his family. could not find a job, had my car repo (have worked hard and have had 3 new cars since 2003)directv had no right to go into my account with out my permission. i would pay them as a one time payment by phone and most times i would send a check. they used my debit card as a point of sale. i thought the only persons who could take my money out was the federal goverment and the state for child support. i know even tax collectors can not they can garnish wages but can not take money out of your bank account. this has put me in a very bad position. i was upset that c1 bank allowed it to be taken out. i had to cancel my card which i need to rent a car to move up to north. i am litterly just taking my clothes and a few personal items. 40years worth of stuff is being sold or just donated. i will be homeless if i do not come up with the money to move. that 541.42 was to go toward the car rental and gas. i use to tell people how i really liked directv, that my bills stayed the same. now i will never use directv, i will go with netflex and get dvd's from the library. sad part is i was only watching a total of 7 channels.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2014 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/nationwide/Directv-Went-into-my-account-without-my-permission-2-days-total-54142-left-me-with-17-c-1149092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv

#1 General Comment

Read the fine print...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

As DirecTv is taking money out of your account, then that means only one thing. You have an ETF for cancelling your services before your contract was up. This means that YOU AGREED TO THIS!!! Now after four years one can expect that YOU do not have PERFECT RECALL. I will jog your memory. Remember when then nice men came to the house and installed the equiptment for DTV? On that day you were presented with 3 things to sign. One of those was a form that agreed to the terms and conditions of the current contract. You cant sit there and say "Oh I didnt get that", but you would NOT have gotten service UNTIL that contract was signed. In that contract under CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS. There is a paragraph that states quite clearly that if you cancel your account BEFORE the expiration of your contract, then you give them permission to remove ANY moneys owed from whatever card is ON FILE. Given the amount, Im thinking that not only did you cancel thew account, but you KEPT the equiptment.

They SITUATION may have screwed up your plans, but you did this ALL to yourself. There is no "story" you can tell that will justify the cancelling of a contract. There is no "issue" that gives you a pass on the terms and condition of your service. YOU gave them permission. YOU cancelled your contract with them, YOU kept the equiptment. How in ANY stretch of the imagination is this DirecTVs fault?? Oh I see, its their fault for holding YOU to the terms and conditions of the3 contract that YOU agreed to. There is NO SYMPATHY for you here because YOU HAVE NOT BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!

The ONLY person who screwed you is .....well YOU!! Get over it because it IS your fault. All they did was honor the terms and conditions of the contract you READ and SIGNED. You did READ didnt you? YOU CAN COMPREHEND RIGHT??? Oh thats right........YOU probably dont feel the NEED to READ when your signing away the rights to your money. Must be so satisfying to know that at the end of the day the ONLY person who got screwed IS YOU and BY YOU.

Its almost Shakespearian funny. Elaborate story with familial plot twists and at the end of the show the victim is the perpetrator!!!