Complaint Review: Directv

• Submitted: Mon, May 12, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Heidi — Seattle Washington
Nationwide USA

Directv refused to set up a payment plan for family rendered homeless due to fire and charged for equipment even though we carried protection plan  Nationwide

We have kept Directv informed since it happened. We have tried repeatedly to get them to give us a payment plan even though we are homeless. We informed them that we would start paying it off as soon as we got back on our feet. We asked that the protection plan cover the loss of equipment as it is not retrievable they refused and charged us for it anyway. They took our entire months income after we informed them that we could not afford to pay yet. Then have tried to tap our account every few minutes since. The representative at my bank said they tried to access my account three Times while I was on the phone with him. I was forced to close my account. Directv had called me two to three times a day and the amount keeps changing. This is unethical and wrong. I called to tell them I closed the amount and they threatend me with collections even though I had already paid more then I owe. They are brutal and cruel to take our entire months income. We have for children to support and they took everything then keep coming back for more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/nationwide/Directv-refused-to-set-up-a-payment-plan-for-family-rendered-homeless-due-to-fire-and-cha-1145973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv