Complaint Review: Directv

• Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: ivan — angola New York
Directv
p.o.box11732 newark, New Jersey United States of America

Directv They took money from my account without autorization. newark, New Jersey

*Author of original report: directv

*Consumer Suggestion: A Breakdown

*Author of original report: Second attempt of Directv to take money from my account

i worked for mastec wich is a company that installs directv and i got free directv sevice till i worked for mastec.  so when i stop working for them i continued my service. several months later i lost my job and my bill was 117$ ,they send me a box to return my receivers and so i did. one  day shortly after that my bank account was withdrawn for 245$  and when  i called the bank to tell them that i did not autorize directv to take thouse money they told me to call directv and so i did .they said i had agreement with them and there is nothing they can do-the fact is i never signed any agreement with them becouse i was working with them and thats how i got it for free when i started working for them,i did have to file a form to get it for free but they just wanted my name ,wok number and adress there was no agreement .so they insisted that when i continued the service after that i gave them verbal agreement which i might off but i did not have automated payments and i did not autorize them to take money from my account without permision.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2013 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/newark-New-Jersey-07101/Directv-They-took-money-from-my-account-without-autorization-newark-New-Jersey-1035335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv

directv

AUTHOR: ivan - ()

Thanks you mean to say if they still think i owe them it's just up to them to late and every time i put money in the account they can take it even so i never sign an agreement with them ....when i continued my service and started payng regular bill in order to do so they had to check my credit and they also asked for my debit card number for verification purposes, i never autorized them to take money and i never signed 2 year agreement.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

A Breakdown

AUTHOR: Niko234 - ()

When you say you stopped working for the installer you continued Direct TV service? That means you were a paying customer for however many months you had the service. How did you pay your bill before you terminated your service? Get an accounting history of your account and see what it says. If you still owe them money they will debit your account.

Second attempt of Directv to take money from my account

AUTHOR: ivan - ()

Yesterday,Directv took 245.31 from my account and a had to borrow 200 to put back in the account for a payment. What was my suprice when i so another  charge by directv this time for 163$ and again i never autorized them to do so in fact i begged them not to procede with their first attemt to take money from my account.Is there sombody who can do somthing about this, i obviosly have to talk to a lawyer.It seems that they monitor how much is in my account and take it right the way.