Complaint Review: Direcway Broadband Internet Satellite-Hughes Network Systems

• Submitted: Wed, February 23, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 23, 2005

• Reported By:Stanwood Washington
Direcway Broadband Internet Satellite-Hughes Network Systems
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Directway broadband internet salellite-hughes network systems will not refund the 125.79 paid for the extended warranty and sales tax nationwide extended warranty on the equipment & the sales tax of $25.79 Germantown internet

I purchased the Direcway Broadband Internet Satellite system from an TV commercial. It was installed November 18, 2003.

We could either pay for the system in one payment or we could pay it in payments of $99.99 a month for 15 months; $59.99 of it was for the internet service, the other $49.99 was to pay for the equipment. Installation was $99.00. We chose the 15 month plan.

On Feburary 25th, 2004 our 3 computers were stolen. I called the company the next day & explained what had happened. I wanted to put the system on hold for at least 2 months, maybe more. It depended if & when we would get them back.

I was told that would be okay, that I wouldn't have to pay for the monthly service etc. because of the curcumstances, but if I needed more time to make sure I called back. I did.

On July 27th, 2004 I called the company; told them we had our computers back, that I would like to reinstate the use of Direcway Satellite equipment.

After much discussion & figuring out what I had already paid previously, I was told that I owed $400.00 for the equipment,

After deciding to pay for it in full, I was asked if I wanted to get the extended warranty on the equipment for $100.00 plus tax, that the total would be $525.76 for the whole purchase. I was told that the offer of the extended warranty was one time offer, I had to buy it now.

I paid for the whole thing in one charge on my credit card. I was also told that the 15 month committment would start over, with same 30 day money back guarantee without any cancellation charges.

We tried for about a week to get the system to work. We had them send out a tech to check out the dish, & if needed, to realign it with the satellite.

He worked on it for 2 to 3 hours, he told us that it shouldn't be on the roof, the leaves on the trees were in the way.

For about 10 days, we couldn't get it to work. We had all kinds of problems.

Finally I called them & told them to come get it, I was tired of it. I was done with it. I was told they would send out the boxes needed to ship it back with call tag etc.

We shipped it back. After 3 months & a phone call, I was finally given a credit of $400.00. I called & asked why didn't I get the whole amount back. I was told I couldn't have it back.

I called again yesterday & told them I wanted my $125.76 for the extended warranty & sales tax. For over an hour I was told that I could not have the money back. I was not allowed a refund on the extended warranty or the sales tax. I told her that I shouldn't have to pay for an extended warranty on something I don't have.

She said to read the terms & conditions concerning no refund on the warranty. I did, there is nothing mentioning the terms of an extended warranty.

They refuse to refund my money.

A city somewhere

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2005 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direcway-Broadband-Internet-Satellite-Hughes-Network-Systems/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Directway-broadband-internet-salellite-hughes-network-systems-will-not-refund-the-12579-p-132603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direcway Broadband Internet Satellite-Hughes Network Systems