• Report: #198510

• Updated: Tue, June 27, 2006

• Reported By:Ventura, California
Direcway - Hughes Net
HughesNet Nationwide U.S.A.

Direcway - Hughes Net ripoff, fraudulant advertising, bad to no customer service Internet worldwide

I saw the red head on TV advertising for Direcway.
I bought the whole show. Barnum was right!! The installer insisted that my 5 year old California Redwood had to go. The installer was no sooner out of the drive way when I began experiencing slow response. I tried for months to get some satisfaction out of Direcway. No use.

After a year of suffering with habitually slow (sometimes slower than dial up) service, I finally went back to the installer and begged for help. I would pay whatever they wanted. After a month a new installer came out. He started to redirect the dish. I said, "Hey, wait a minute. The other installer said that it had to point in that direction! I cut down my redwood!.

The new installer said, "Oh, the other guy was wrong. There are lots of positions to point to and satelites to pick up." I couldn't believe it. He no sooner was out of the drive way and the system again crawled to a snails pace.

I then got my little video camera out and taped myself using a dial up system in Independence at my folks home. Then I taped myself watching the red head on TV and exclaiming how I was gonna buy that system. Then I taped myself timing the Direcway system and comparing it to the Dial Up at my folks house. Uh oh... looks like the dial up ain't all that bad after all. I show myself groaning as my Direcway DW6000 system grinds to a hault trying to pull up my bank's website. I then show myself throwing up my hands and declaring, "I'm off to my little book store in town".

Next you see me enjoying lightning speed DSL internet access via SBC Yahoo and then I flash back and forth between all three. Believe it or not, Direcway comes in last almost all of the time.

I've tried on and off for over a year to get some "professional" help with the system. It ain't happening, Cowboy!! You've been lasso'd, hog tied, bent over the log, and..

Rancho
Ventura,, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2006 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direcway-Hughes-Net/nationwide/Direcway-Hughes-Net-ripoff-fraudulant-advertising-bad-to-no-customer-service-Internet-198510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direcway - Hughes Net