• Report: #207753

• Updated: Thu, August 24, 2006

• Reported By:union West Virginia
Direcway - Hughes Network
Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Direcway - Hughesdirecway - Hughes Network Ripoff lied stole equipment cost me 2 weeks work Germantown Maryland

After paying $199 dollars to upgrade to a new DW7000 modem, I was unable to get my system working, I spent countless hours trying to get my system working, tech support barley spoke english, Day #3 friday;I finally was told to wait up untill the middle of next week for a engineer, and use more vacation time! The engineer wanted to charge me $350 to have a service person come to my place. I refused and requested a RMA (for the new modem) and my old modem turned back on.

I reinstalled my old modem and it would not work, After spending a few more hours on the phone, I was told that my old modem was not elligable for new accounts, and my account was closed when upgrading. A few more hours on the phone and they were no help.

I canceled my service and was billed $350 to terminate my contract ( I wasn't in a contract) I returned my modem, 4 months later, After not receieving my refund, I was told that my RMA should not have been issued, my modem was recieved but was discarded, and they were "sorry",NO MONEY, NO MODEM. Well then I got disconnect and they will not return my calls or emails.

I do hear from there bill collection agency a few times a week as the call wanting $65 for my last months dis-service. PS Use something that works=dial-up.

Cory
Union, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2006 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direcway-Hughes-Network/Germantown-Maryland/Direcway-Hughesdirecway-Hughes-Network-Ripoff-lied-stole-equipment-cost-me-2-weeks-wor-207753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direcway - Hughes Network