Complaint Review: Direcway Internet Service

• Submitted: Wed, March 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 08, 2006

• Reported By:keymar Maryland
Direcway Internet Service
16050 Industrial Dr Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A.

Direcway Internet Service ripoff, false advertisting, SLOW, no help, EXPENSIVE $$ Gaithersburg Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Crystal Call DirectWay with Your RMA

So I ordered Directway to go faster than Dialup and since nothing else is available where I live DIrecway seemed great. HA what a mistake.

I ordered on 3/1/06 8 inch x 8 inch hole in my drywall and then the service didnt work. My installer said " Oh Google mustbe down, but it'll be up and working later " to ny suprise no it didnt. The only site I could get to was Direcway and it took 30mins to get to the make an email account page. All other pages sais Page can not be displayed.

So I call that night spend 4 hours on the phone 2 hours in chat and still nothing. This went on for 4 days then I had enough. I canceled. Again a mistake. I was on the $99 upfront $99 a month so yeah i understood the withdraw of $201.98 out of my account but then they hit my account 4 days after i cancelled for another $445.82 what was this for. So again 2 hours on the phone last night. Cancellation fees yadda yadda yadda. YOUR JUNK DIDNT WORK.

It has already b een sent back via fedex in the boxes they sent and now i get charged. Wow I'll get refunded $400 in 8-10 weeks. WHAT?? in a week you've taken out $650 almost and it takes over 2 months to get it back and not the full amount. Basically they are saying I had to pay $247 for no internet service.

I work from home on the net so i lost money & more money. It may be a losing battle but I'm fighting this. I filed with BBB but without last names as the company refuses to give out last names. I'm back on dialup & aol at that and you know after not having internet for a few days I cherish dialup & thank heavens Aol was there for me once again.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO MY WORST ENEMY. Oh and not to mention " Its my computer that has the problems " althought I have never had problems with my computer regardless if using aol, adelphia or verizon in the past. But now they say Its my computer. Of course they would seems they say that about everyone that has posted here. If you need to contact me feel free to use the rebuttal box below. This has to stop.

keymar, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2006 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direcway-Internet-Service/Gaithersburg-Maryland-20877/Direcway-Internet-Service-ripoff-false-advertisting-SLOW-no-help-EXPENSIVE-Gaithers-179988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direcway Internet Service

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Crystal Call DirectWay with Your RMA

AUTHOR: Annie - (U.S.A.)

I was in your boat about 2 years ago -- bought in to DirectWay's hype about "faster Internet." When the service ended up delivering connection speeds at 10Kb (yeah, I can get at least 37 Kb with dial up), I complained to DirectWay and was directed to their "fine print," which simply states they don't guarantee connection speeds. We pulled the service that same day.

When we cancelled, DirectWay provided us with a RMA (returned materials authorization number), which we wrote prominently on the box we used to return their receiver (they said to keep the dish, so whoopie, I have this big ugly gray plastic thing and nothing to do with it...).

DirectWay still charged our account for early cancellation. But, when I called the service center with the RMA and confirmed delivery receipt, they refunded us within 48 hours.

Hopefully, you got an RMA when you cancelled the service. Hopefully, you have delivery confirmation that the receiver was returned to them. If so, be persistent with customer service and hopefully you, too, can get an immediate refund.

Good luck,