Complaint Review: Direcway

• Submitted: Tue, January 31, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 31, 2006

• Reported By:Ardmore Oklahoma
Direcway
11717 Exploration Ln Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A.

Direcway false advertising ripoff Gaithersburg Maryland

A word of warning to anyone thinking of getting satellite internet with Direcway. They tell you that you'll be able to surf 50x faster than dial-up but it's not true. This service is no faster than dial-up. The equipment is expensive, independable, web pages do not come up.

You'll waste so much time calling customer service only to have them tell you it's your computer that's the problem. To send forwards in my Yahoo email, I have to click twice on the addresses before I can put them in. This is actually slower than if I was still on dial-up for $9.95 per month.

Now I'm paying 5x more for them to tell me that Yahoo is the problem. Half the time web pages will not come up. I never had this problem with dial-up. The connection keeps going off and on and when you complain to customer service they tell you that it's because of the weather. Well I'll tell you it still happens with me even when the sun is shining.

You'll end up calling customer service at least once a week to get them to fix it so the web pages will come up. They don't tell you any of this before you sign up. I paid for a product and didn't get what I paid for.

Kathy
Ardmore, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2006 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direcway/Gaithersburg-Maryland-20879/Direcway-false-advertising-ripoff-Gaithersburg-Maryland-174189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direcway