Complaint Review: Direcway\Hughesnet

• Submitted: Mon, December 24, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 24, 2007

• Reported By:Meshoppen Pennsylvania
www.hughesnet.com Internet U.S.A.

Direcway\Hughesnet Change's the rules in the middle of the game. Meshoppen Pennsylvania

I live in an extreemly rural area and run a home internet based buisness. The internet is my livelyhood. Unfortunately my only options here are dial up or this blasted dish.

When I first got the service approx 4 years ago my first surprise was the cost of the dish and the modem. $800.00 +. My second surprise was that this ISP was NOT at DSL or highspeed as advertised. We learned to be patient and tolerate the the sometimes grinding speed because we had no choice, my living lies within that world.

Surprise #3. during our buisiest season I though my computor had contracted some viris that my firewall did not detect. My computor was just grinding and grinding and I had to wait for ever just to get to my email. Who has time for this crap?

After diognostics and new software I found that my computor was just fine.What had happend was the implimentation of new time allowances called[fair access policy]. This policy limits the amount of downloads in megs,gigs or pigs or whatever. Granted this policy was on the origional contract but the recovery time went from 4 hours to 24 hours without any notification what so ever. So for 24 hours of non service that I pay for I cant access my customer base. This is a G**D**N outrage. I pray every time I get on my computor for DSL to come to my area, so I can get that plastic piece of crap off my house.

Meshoppen, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2007 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecwayHughesnet/internet/DirecwayHughesnet-Changes-the-rules-in-the-middle-of-the-game-Meshoppen-Pennsylvania-294180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direcway\Hughesnet