Complaint Review: Disabled & Handicapped workers of America

• Updated: Tue, May 15, 2012

• Reported By: Bruce J. — Charlottesville Virginia United States of America
Disabled & Handicapped workers of America
1315 Peckham St 3 Fullerton, California United States of America

Disabled & Handicapped workers of America dhwa Waited 17 month to give me a bill, then insisted of late fees Fullerton , California

I agreed to buy a two month supply of garbage bags for $69.00 in December of 2010 and was told that they didn't need any money right then but I could pay for them in a couple of months.  I remember getting and using the garbage bags so I know that received them.  I never received a bill for this product or any phone calls relating to this purchase,  Until today, May 15, 2012.  I was contacted by a person named Christina stating that my account was just about to go to collections and that this was my last change to pay this off.  I checked my auto bill payer to make sure that I hadn't already paid it, then  I called her back with debit card in hand to pay the bill.  I was told then that I had 17 months worth on late charges, but part of them could be waved.  Leaving about $150.00 in late charges plus the original $69.00.  I told the lady that I would be happy to pay the bill but felt that the late charges were rediculous since they had never even sent me a bill.   I have a very high credit score that I have worked very hard to secure,  but I feel that the principle of the issue will let me put that at risk before I'm taken advantage of here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2012 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disabled-Handicapped-workers-of-America/Fullerton-California-92833/Disabled-Handicapped-workers-of-America-dhwa-Waited-17-month-to-give-me-a-bill-then-ins-883187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disabled & Handicapped workers of America