Complaint Review: Disabled Workers LLC

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: msh — chillicothe Ohio United States of America
Disabled Workers LLC

Disabled Workers LLC Jan Stock pyramid scheme under the guise of helping disabled workers.. Internet

*Author of original report: It Is a Scam Alright

*UPDATE Employee: disABLEd Workers Jan Stock

*Author of original report: I was quick to act on impulse

I went onto the website hoping to get help. I want to return to work slowly. I am disabled. I was e mailed a contact thru this website for a woman, Jan Stock, that would help me with the set up costs pertaining to a work at home job.

I spoke to Jan on the phone and thru e mail several times. Each time she stated all she needed was my commitment and she would pay for my "training" out of her pocket. This online "training" costs about 500 dollars.

After the first set of training I got an e mail from Jan stating she was "out of funds" and that I would need to pay her and she would pay me back. I contacted the social security adminstration and I was told they are never supossed to ask for money.

I have contacted the fraud dept. The big scheme is they led me on and got me to believe I would work at home. They bring people in and sucker them into paying for thier training costs and in the end they do not get any work but they do get paid for bringing new ppl in..

I have since finally looked this company up online. I thought that since this was the Disabled Workers it was in with Social Security. I was wrong. This company is not to be trusted. Neither is Arise communications.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disabled-Workers-LLC/internet/Disabled-Workers-LLC-Jan-Stock-pyramid-scheme-under-the-guise-of-helping-disabled-workers-940155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disabled Workers LLC

It Is a Scam Alright

AUTHOR: msh - (United States of America)

Oh it indeed is a scam. I was never given the training I was promised. I was strung along for two weeks with promises so that I would file a rebuttle on this site than ignored and told that Jan had "lost her job" when in fact she is listed as an owner of arise. I was mislead and asked for money I did not have after I was promised paid training..that is a scam.

disABLEd Workers Jan Stock

AUTHOR: sahope - (United States of America)

I want to comment on this report for an inside perspective. First, Arise Virtual Solutions is a business opportunity not a offering for employment and as such have business costs associated with standard business to business contracting with Arise. Second, Jan Stock works with a Contractor of Arise that will hire employees, not just 1099 sub-contractors. Third, and most importantly is Jan Stock is willing to help people with disabilities pay all certification/training costs for these individuals out of her pocket, and she ran out of money to help further. There in no scam here, she selflessly referred this person to a business that hires employees to service for Arise. She offered to pay any training costs associated with the hiring of employees instead of 1099 sub-contracting if they committed to follow though and now she is being crucified because she personally ran out of money to offer continued help. Yes Jan Stock is an employee of disABLEd Workers but does this outside of the scope of her job to help those looking for work from home jobs.

I was quick to act on impulse

AUTHOR: msh - (United States of America)

I reported on this site after reading an email that I misunderstood. The lady mentioned in the report, Jan Stock, is attempting to get me the training as promised. If this takes place than this is not a scheme or a scam and I acted pre maturly and rudely. I owe Disabled workers LLC a formal apology as well as Jan Stock. It is very hard in this day and age to  disipher what is a scam and what isn't especially when you get an e mail asking for money. We shall see where it goes from here. I will keep this site updated. for now She is working with me to keep her verbal agreement. the fault lies with my interpratation of the e mail.