Complaint Review: Disc LD, VoipTalk Long Distance HMS Blue

• Submitted: Wed, February 05, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, February 05, 2003

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Disc LD, VoipTalk Long Distance HMS Blue
17216 Saticoy Street, Suite 385 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

Disc LD, VoipTalk aka HMS Blue Long Distance Credit card charged for services never requested or agreed to ripoff fraud business Van Nuys California

Reviewing credit card bill, I noted that there were two charges in the past two months in which these companies (first Disc LD then VoipTalk) charged me each $61.02 for services I had never requested.

From other reports, I see that the companies are related, as well as others under the same address, such as HMS Blue.

I called VoipTalk and they claimed they had sent me a prepaid calling card that would be charged if I did not respond within 30 days of receiving it.

I have no idea if a card was ever sent, as I was not expecting anything, and so if I received it I would have thought it was just junk mail and tossed it.

The VoipTalk rep said during an online purchase I had agreed to this 'incentive' but I have no memory of agreeing to any such thing.

I will try to find out which online purchase was supposedly responsible for these 'offers' but I suspect they did not get my credit card info in a legitimate way. I have cancelled my credit card and the Visa people are looking into this.

C
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2003 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disc-LD-VoipTalk-Long-Distance-HMS-Blue/Van-Nuys-California-91406/Disc-LD-VoipTalk-aka-HMS-Blue-Long-Distance-Credit-card-charged-for-services-never-reques-44226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disc LD, VoipTalk Long Distance HMS Blue