Complaint Review: Disclosurenet.com

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012

• Reported By: Ben — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Disclosurenet.com
330 Bay Street, Suite 200 Toronto, ON M5H2S8 Canad Vancouver, British Columbia United States of America

Disclosurenet.com Copied Website, Branding and Web Copy Vancouver, British Columbia

*Author of original report: Follow Up

*Author of original report: Statement of Facts

TheAuditorsReport.com launched it's website in January 2012. The website offers research related to Audit Fees contained in public company documents. The website was designed with a video on the homepage, navigation arrows pointing left and right with intent to have a homepage image that slides as the viewer clicks left or right. The words "unlock intelligence" and "competitive pricing" for audit fees were used in the website. The Auditors Report also made use of logos of other audit companies, which were concept only and pending approval.

Many other ideas were disclosed to Mike Maenck whom is suspected of reporting this information to Disclosurenet.com

In April 2012 TheAuditorsReport.com started to receive hits from Toronto which was unusual as the business had not yet been marketed to anyone.

On Monday July 23, 2012 Disclosurenet.com launched its new website and brand with similar words "unlock intelligence" and "competitive pricing" for audit fees whilst their product remains the same. The Company also made use of client logos in a similar manner to TheAuditorsReport.com

The sudden redesign of their website is obvious that they were inspired and/or fearful of their competition.

See the images in the attached file, and you be the judge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 05:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Disclosurenetcom/Vancouver-British-Columbia-M5H2S8/Disclosurenetcom-Copied-Website-Branding-and-Web-Copy-Vancouver-British-Columbia-917682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Disclosurenet.com

AUTHOR: The Auditors'''' Report Inc. - ()

I've been meaning to follow up on this original complaint I filed with the pictures of the two websites, the reason for my suspicions, and the fact that these are my suspicions. You be the judge.

Statement of Facts:

I met Michael Maenck on craigslist and I didn't sign any NDA with him and explicitly told him that I wasn't going to do that, because "I trusted him" and then shared with him  privileged information from our company.

Soon into the course of working with Michael Maenck he asked me whom I thought our competitors might be (unbeknownst to me at the time, I think he had the full intent to contact these companies)

Michael Maenck was in communication with me for a total of no more than 2 weeks after his initial application-email sent via craigslist to me on April 4, 2012 (see image below). On or around April 15, 2012 Michael stopped being available and was not answering my phone calls or replying to calls/emails/skype.

We started to receive hits to our website from Toronto (which was the first hit to our website from Ontario, as we had not begun marketing the business at all at that point) and Toronto (a big city, sure!) happens to be where one of our "competitors", disclosurenet.com, is located

I finally got in touch with Michael Maenck (2-3months in late June/July) and he explained to me he had just got back from a long business trip/contract job in Toronto and apologized for not being in touch earlier. He explained over a skype conversation that he was going through a "break-up" with his girlfriend and that was also part of the reason he had not been in touch... his Facebook profile read "engaged".

A few days after speaking with Michael Maenck, disclosurenet.com launched their new website. I have attached a picture of disclosurenet.com before and after the sudden redesign, along with a pic of our website.

I do not have conclusive evidence that Michael Maenck went directly to our "competitor" (not that they are really even a competitor...) and divulged what we were up to and perhaps performed some work for that company, but I have a lot things to support that claim.

1. the content/copy on the disclosurenet.com new website looks like Michael's style of writing (subjective, sure)
2. the copy/content on the disclosurenet.com new website make says to "put down the magnifying glass" which happens to be object that we use in our logo (coincidence?)
3. In late June/July, via telephone Michael Maenck told me he just for back from a business trip in Toronto which is exactly the same time that he would have been working for disclosurenet.com (unrelated events?)
4. They did not have a video on their page prior the sudden redesign, now they do (ok sure, lots of websites have videos on their homepage. DisclosureNet also had videos on their old site. But I just wonder what prompted the sudden redesign, which included a video and <> arrows on homepage)
5. DisclosureNet.com added a Mascot (see image) which is very very similar in concept to what TAR has done with their bull.
6. The most convincing evidence of all, in my opinion: I received the introductory email from Michael Maenck on April 4, 2012 and the very first hit on our website from Toronto was on April 6, 2012

I with/hope I'm wrong about all this, but I'm afraid it is likely true. If it wasn't true, then why would Michael Maenck be so sneaky/dodgy? Water under a bridge now, but important for everyone to know the facts. A lesson has been learned: don't trust everyone you meet on craigslist, and sign NDA's!!

Attachments:
----------------
1.  disclosurenet.com before
2.  disclosurenet.com after
3.  disclosurenet new mascot
4.  our website with our mascot (original pirate material)
5.  original email from Michael Maenck applying on Craigslist for copywriting gig (dated April 4, 2012) combined with Google Analytics screencapture showing hits to our website from Toronto (first hit recorded on April 6, 2012) - I had to combine these two images into one due to the limit of 5 picture uploads.

Statement of Facts

AUTHOR: The Auditors'''' Report Inc. - ()

I've been meaning to follow up on this original complaint I filed with the pictures of the two websites, the reason for my suspicions, and the fact that these are my suspicions only... You be the judge.

Statement of Facts:

I finally got in touch with Michael Maenck (2-3months in late June/July) and he explained to me ath that time that he had just got back from a long business trip/contract job in Toronto and apologized for not being in touch earlier. He explained over a skype conversation that he was also going through a "break-up" with his girlfriend and that was also partly to blame for not being in touch... yet his Facebook profile read "engaged".

I do not have conclusive evidence that Michael Maenck went directly to our "competitor" (not that they are really even a competitor...) and divulged what we were up to and perhaps performed some work for that company, but I have a lot things to support that claim:

2. the copy/content on the disclosurenet.com new website make says to "put down the magnifying glass" which happens to be object that we use in our logo (coinsidence?)
3. In late June/July, via telephone Michael Maenck told me he just for back from a business trip in Toronto which is exactly the same time that he would have been working for disclosurenet.com (coincidence?)
4. They did not have a video on their page prior the sudden redesign, now they do. (ok many websites have videos on their homepage, but what bothers me more is the sudden redesign/youtube page, etc etc - what prompted it??)
5. DisclosureNet.com added a Mascot (see image below) which is very very similar in concept to what TAR has done with their bull.
6. And, in my opinion, the most convincing evidence of all: I received the Michael Maenck's intro email on April 4, 2012 and the very first hit on our website from Toronto occurred on April 6, 2012 (unrelated events?)

I sincerely wish/hope I'm wrong about all this, but I'm afraid it is likely true. If it wasn't true, then why would Michael Maenck be so sneaky/dodgy? All is fair in love and war, but a lesson has been learned: don't trust everyone you meet on craigslist, and sign NDA's!!

Attachments:
----------------
1.  disclosurenet.com before
2.  disclosurenet.com after
3.  disclosurenet new mascot
4.  our website with our mascot (original pirate material)
5.  original email from Michael Maenck applying on Craigslist for copywriting gig (April 4, 2012) mashed up with a screenshot of google analytics showing hits to our website from Toronto (first hit was recorded on April 6, 2012). I had to combined these pics into one image due to limit on pics one is allowed to upload.