Complaint Review: Discount Book Sale

• Submitted: Fri, June 19, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 19, 2009

• Reported By:Whittier California
Discount Book Sale
discountbooksale.com Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-7075858
  • Web:
  • Category: Library

Discount Book Sale Discount Book Sale made several fraudulent charges to my credit card Boca Raton Florida

I ordered a book from DBS at a fair price and received it in good condition. However, subsequent to the purchase I discovered that I had been charged $29.95 for a membership in a book club which I did not authorize. Furthermore, I have been charged $12.00 per month for a continuing membership which I didn't authorize in the first place.

When I called their number (It appeared on the credit card statement as 8667075858*DBS*Books 8667-75858(, I was told that by ordering a book I had agreed to joining the book club. The problem is that I was never told that by ordering a book I was agreeing to a $29.95 membership in a book club plus an on-going $12.00 per month fee.

All charges except for the actual purchase of the book will be disputed with my credit card company.

Before anyone buys from this questionable company, google search for DBS Books and you will find others who have been ripped off in the same way.

Wayne
Whittier, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2009 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Book-Sale/Boca-Raton-Florida-33481-0365/Discount-Book-Sale-Discount-Book-Sale-made-several-fraudulent-charges-to-my-credit-card-Bo-463041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Book Sale