Complaint Review: Discount Engine Inc

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: droot — Mesa Arizona
Discount Engine Inc
1507 S Country Club Dr Mesa, Arizona United States of America

Discount Engine Inc Misleading, Hypocritical ,Deceptive , and Shyster Quacks Masquerading as Auto Mechanics Mesa, Arizona

We only wish we had seen all of the other reports prior to taking our car to these scam artists. I am a mechanic from back in the 70's so I knew what was wrong with my car. Mike was very professional and assured me that I had brought my car to the right place They would have it fixed and running within 5 to 10 days. That was at the beginning of Febrary. We are now in mid April and they still have my car.

As I said very nice until they had the car and $1000 down payment. I waited a few days and called to check on the status and received apologies they had one guy leave and a few out sick but they were working on our car it would just take a few more days . My wife called and was told they would call us when the car was ready. On February 26 which was 3 weeks later, I received a call from Mike telling me that it would cost an additional $1800 to fix the car. The agreed upon amount was originally $2280 less the $1000 we had all ready put down. Now they wanted an additional $1800. I asked him for what and he proceeded to explain that in order to honor their warranty they needed to replace a number of parts.

As I stated earlier I was a mechanic so he proceeded to tell me a list of parts that I had replaced myself within the last 6 months and that there was nothing wrong with them. Mike told me to just take them back to Auto Zone and just tell them they were defective. He refused to do any work on the car until they had more money. They said they had already put in 50 hours which was crap. My engine was sitting on the floor along with my new battery and it was obvious they had done little to nothing on the engine. So here we are mid April and they are holding our car hostage.

Do not trust these guys! They will do nothing but lie. I am disabled and had to go buy another car. It took all the money we had which was to pay the balance once the repairs were done. So now we are at a standstill. They have our car and now we have even less money because we have a car payment again. Something needs to be done about their unethical business practices. They have taken advantage of too many people and gotten away with it. This had to stop!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Engine-Inc/Mesa-Arizona-85210/Discount-Engine-Inc-Misleading-Hypocritical-Deceptive-and-Shyster-Quacks-Masquerading-1044034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Engine Inc