• Report: #190452

• Submitted: Mon, May 08, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, April 06, 2007

• Reported By:esc California
Discount Global Travel
Carlsbad California Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Discount Global Travel, Travel discounts free vacation Ripoff Carlsbad California

*Consumer Comment: No such Trip its all fake

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DGT prepaid for promotions

*Consumer Comment: I have a question.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: thats not right.

We were contacted by a telemarketer about Discount Global Travel. They told us we could go to a hour long talk about their services and if we didn't sign up we still could get a 3-night vacation to Hawaii, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, etc.

We went and of course didn't want to join their "club" for $9500!! So they gave us a voucher to go on a vacation for 2 nights. The catch was that we had to use it within 21 days. The agent (he said his name was mustafa) pre dated the voucher intentionally so we couldn't use it. he wrote down Feb 8th and it was Feb 31st.

We called and talked to some guy named Lief(manager) but they wouldn't send us a real voucher. These guys are just a total ripoff. Don't believe any rebuttals either.

esc, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2006 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Global-Travel/Carlsbad-California/Discount-Global-Travel-Travel-discounts-free-vacation-Ripoff-Carlsbad-California-190452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Global Travel

No such Trip its all fake

AUTHOR: Piera - (U.S.A.)

I see you get around and respond to lots of emails regarding DGT, I wonder if your name is really Joseph? Maybe you are the owner that everyone is after?

I will find out and I will take you to court you owe me lots of money so dont be surprised if you see DGT on the news with Ruth to the Rescue or maybe channel 4.

I sent out one of those "vouchers" and I have yet to see any tickets for anything and that was a year ago, so dont try to defend a company who did nothing but rip people off!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DGT prepaid for promotions

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

DGT paid in advance for any promotions whether the client uses the promotion or not. All clients were sent a promotion if the office was out of a specific one at any given time. The fulfillment of the promotion is the responsibility of the promotion company. DGT is out of business after paying for many promotions for clients for years. The client can contact the promotion company direct for fulfillment. Each promotional certificate has its own rules and expiration.

I have a question.

AUTHOR: Leticia - (U.S.A.)

When has it ever been Feb 31?

You might want to send an update exlaining the mistake before people begin to harp all over that and forget the Original Complaint.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

thats not right.

AUTHOR: Judy - (U.S.A.)

In their defense, I believe you had 21 days to fill the bottom portion out and send it to the address located on the bottom of the sheet. You have 1 whole year to use your trip voucher. On the other hand, this company doesn't even have the promotion trips to give to potential clients! Clients wont buy the membership due to the credibility of the co. Also, were you promised a gas voucher? Keep holding your breath. There are none!!!!! And if they do get them in, only the people who join recieve them. Isnt that awlful??? You did the right thing not to join. Your a smart man.