Complaint Review: Discount Global Travel

• Submitted: Tue, February 06, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 04, 2007

• Reported By:South Lake Tahoe California
Discount Global Travel
25554 Woodward Ave Royal Oak, Michigan U.S.A.

Discount Global Travel - Millenium Trael Big Scam Never got any travel deals as promised ripoff Royal Oak Michigan

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Transfer of service

Back in 2004 my husband and I sat through a travel deal seminar. In the seminar we were promised many great deals. Deals such as: Airfare discounts 30-70% off, Hotel Discounts 30-70% off, Car Rentals for $9-$11 per day, Cruises 30-80% off, Getaways $149 per week. Sounded wonderful to us. We signed up and spent $6,500. Even writing this today I am sick to my stomach knowing I was being scammed.

I booked some trips with Discount Global Travel only to find that I could find better deals myself on the internet. I wrote a grievance letter to Peder Hendrik requesting to get get my money back. It took a very long time to hear back from anyone and when I did they refused to cancell my membership.

Discount Global Travel does not even exist today. Their number was bought by a reservation company that is open to the public. All of the numbers for DGT are disconnected. Moral of the story for anyone reading PLEASE BEWARE OF TRAVEL COMPANY DEALS. The internet is a great tool to find deals on your own

Sick in Tahoe

Aran
South Lake Tahoe, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Global-Travel/Royal-Oak-Michigan-48067/Discount-Global-Travel-Millenium-Trael-Big-Scam-Never-got-any-travel-deals-as-promised-r-234684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Global Travel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Transfer of service

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

DGT is out of business. Castaways Vacations is offering a free trial of their service to all former DGT clients. They can be reached at 866-729-6400