Complaint Review: Discount Global Travel

• Submitted: Sat, August 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2007

• Reported By:Dansville Michigan
Discount Global Travel
25554 Woodward Ave Royal Oak, Michigan U.S.A.

Discount Global Travel Took $5K, fled town, phone number doesn't work, now Castaways Vacacation is taking over! Royal Oak Michigan

Approx 7 years ago, my husband and I attended a "vacation membership" seminar. Although when we got there, there was no seminar, only sales people. We were young and obviously stupid to have believed in this, but the offer just sounded so good. We would pay $5k up front, minimal yearly membership dues and have access to all these great travel opportunities for the rest of our lives PLUS a free trip. What we ended up with was a $5k debt, a bad phone number and address (as they had vacated the building) and no travel opportunities or free trip.

I've been trying to locate them for years, no luck. All of a sudden I'm getting flyers and mail from a company called Castaways Vacation Club. It starts out addressed to "Dear Discount Global Member". Well, if I'm a member, how come I haven't had any contact from them??? It also states "since Castaways assumed future travel services for Discount Global Travel members..."

Now Castaways wants $199 up front, but membership dues annually. They want to offer us a free trip plus a gas card plus plus plus.... RIGHT! And I'm stupid enough to fall for this again? I don't think so!

What I would like is my $5k back and we can call it even!

Dansville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2007 05:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Global-Travel/Royal-Oak-Michigan/Discount-Global-Travel-Took-5K-fled-town-phone-number-doesnt-work-now-Castaways-Vacac-265173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Global Travel