intended

• Submitted: Sat, December 02, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 05, 2007

• Reported By:South Euclid Ohio
Discount Global Travel
25554 Woodard Royal Oaks, Michigan U.S.A.

Discount Global Travel Ripoff takes your money and you get nothing but aggrevation Royal Oaks Michigan

*Author of original report: They have changed their name

In February 2006, my husband and I went to a sales pitch by this company. A few days prior I had gotten quotes from my travel agent (not associated with DGT) about a cruise that we were going to take. I knew the approximatley how much the cruise would cost.

At the seminar, the agent called their home office and got a quote for the same cruise. It was almost $400 per person less than what my agent had quoted me. We decided to join since it would save use about $1600 for this 1 vacation. We paid our membership fee. We were also told that we would get a free trip to Las Vegas including airfare and $60.00 in gas cards. We would also be getting Travel Agent ID cards in 4-6 weeks to use for freebees and upgrades.

We asked to book the trip right then and we were told that they would not book this cruise for us. It would be "unethical" since we had previously spoken to another travel agent. We were also told that we needed to wait a few weeks to book so all the paper work could get processed. I called to try to book the cruise (I had just gotten a quote from my agent)I was quoted a price that was substantially more than then what my agent had quoted me. They also told me that booking the cruise through them would be "unethical".

They told me that as soon as I paid my cruise in full with the other agent, I could submit paper work and get a 10% refund. I submitted that in May and haven't seen a penny. I wrote to the company several times and called almost weekly. Each time I spoke with Gus, who promised to get things right.

In October I asked for a refund of my $4500 since all they had done was given me empty promises. I was told that they had refunded me my 10%. I told him that I never got a penny. He told me to write a letter to a person named Joe Young. I wrote the letter and sent it registered, return, receipt. About 2 weeks later, the letter came back to me with the words REFUSED written across it and stamped REFUSED BY ADDRESSEE. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau. They have been waiting since October for DGT to answer them. My next step is a private attorney.

All I have gotten for my $4500 is a lot of lies and aggravation.

Amy
South Euclid, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2006 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Global-Travel/Royal-Oaks-Michigan-48067/Discount-Global-Travel-Ripoff-takes-your-money-and-you-get-nothing-but-aggrevation-Royal-O-223461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Global Travel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

DGT saved thousands of clients money on travel for years. The company regrettably went out of business in June of 2006 after losing hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to stay afloat. They have given former clients an option to continue with another discount travel service if they choose to after a free trial of the alternative service.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I attempted to call this company yet again. They have changed their name. I checked out DGT web site and it is now called Global Explorer Elite. I left a message. Let's see if anyone calls back.