receives

• Submitted: Sat, September 29, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: aburmeister — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Discount Merchant

Discount Merchant Discount-Merchant.com sells low quality, fall apart items and NO customer service or refund , Internet

*Author of original report: Refund and apology given

i purchased a Bulb with housing from Discount Merchant.com. Price was decent and Item description showed OEM quality or BETTER. Received item and it had cheap plastic housing around bulb instead of OEM metal one. No big deal I thought

Went to install bulb, it just slides in. I work in electronics so I'm capable. The CHEAP plastic connector fell apart during install,again, it just slides in. I called Discount Merchant wanting a refund. I was told as long as the item was defective I would receive a full refund. I shipped back at my expense and waited for them to receive it.

I called after they received it and they confirmed they had it (9/20)and I should have my refund within 2-4 days. I waited a week (9/27) and called back. I was told it would take one more day. I called the next day (9/28)and was told my refund was completed on 9/25 but they only refunded 75% of the price due to the item "being fine".

I asked how the item could be fine considering the NECESSARY connector was BROKEN!!!??? I was told their return department opens hundreds of boxes a day( like there's no room for error there) and it was fine. Therefore a 25% restock fee applied. I asked if someone could have made a mistake. I was told NO. I again asked how they could say that when the housing was BLATANTLY broken? I was told I was wrong. Have to get Discover to take care of it....after 2 billing cycles!!!! Price was good and if item wasn't a piece of turd (definitely NOT OEM or better as described) I would be happy. But their CHEAP item broke and was UNUSABLE! I followed their return guidelines, got a  RMA, waited and got shafted. I guess that's the quality of their customer service. I reviewed them first and understand that most people are happy. But it sucks when this happens to you! I work retail and HATE leaving reveiws like this but received NO customer service on thier end so had NO other choice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Merchant/internet/Discount-Merchant-Discount-Merchantcom-sells-low-quality-fall-apart-items-and-NO-custome-948494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Merchant

Refund and apology given

AUTHOR: aburmeister - (United States of America)

They called me and made it right. Thank you Discount Merchant for doing the right thing and having good customer service after all