Complaint Review: Discount Plastic Bags

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: Alan — Norco California United States of America
Discount Plastic Bags
Internet, Texas United States of America

Discount Plastic Bags discountplasticbags.com Don't Rely On Samples From DiscountPlasticBags.com Internet, Texas

*Author of original report: Samples should match product

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Industry Standard Tolerances

This report may sound trivial, but there are principles involved, such as conscienious & honesty.

I needed poly bags for my hobby so I requested appropiate samples from them.  After a week I called & spoke to Ken Woodruff since I had not received the samples I requested thru their email system.  I received the samples 2 days later.  They were labeled with stock numbers that didn't match any of their items.  The sample that I thought would best fit my need was a 12 X 18 1/4 3 mil poly bag with a very small seam offset.  So I placed an order.  What I received was not that - I received 12 X 18 poly bags with a 1/2 seam offset.  It may not seem like such a big difference, but it is to me.  So I contacted them about my order.

It took them 2 weeks to even talk about an RMA & they wanted me to pay return shipping, not cheap.

They say that they have a disclaimer on their website that there may be variations.  That's fine, but I requested samples!!!  So they should match my order!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Plastic-Bags/Internet-Texas-/Discount-Plastic-Bags-discountplasticbagscom-Dont-Rely-On-Samples-From-DiscountPlasticBa-884266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Plastic Bags

Samples should match product

AUTHOR: Alan - (United States of America)

Sirs -

Your response was just avoiding taking responsibility for carelessness & sloppiness.  I had requested samples & ordered based upon those samples.  The product I received DID NOT match the sample. You should ensure that samples MATCH your current stock!!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Industry Standard Tolerances

AUTHOR: Discount Plastic Bags - (United States of America)

We sincerely regret that this customer was unhappy.  It is our primary goal to make sure that all of our customers are satisfied.  Our Five Star Guarantee is designed to give our customers the assurance that we will always guarantee the quality of our products or refund any products returned due to customer order errors.

Our web site is a leader in providing information for buyers not familiar with materials, measurement, benefits, limitations, size tolerances and a lot more.  In this case, we even have a link to the Measurement Tolerances page of our site where we explain that the dimensions may not be exactly as described.  This is an industry-wide issue that is not limited to our company, but we realize that many of our customers are first time buyers needing as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

We have never offered the size mentioned in this complaint.  The sample may very well have measured 12 x 18 1/4, but it was sold as 12 x 18.  This is within the tolerances listed in our Measurement Tolerances page, but in no way implies that every bag will measure on the plus side of the range of tolerance.

We offer a full refund for products returned according to the liberal guidelines in our Five Star Guarantee.  No restocking fee is deducted for returns.  We do not, however, pay the shipping charges for products which are within the range of tolerances specified on the site.  This isn't "fine print" information, but rather has the link prominently displayed in at least two locations on every page of the site.

Again, customer satisfaction is our desire on each and every transaction.  On the rare occasion that mistakes or quality problems occur, we do everything in our power to make it right - and fast.  With the low price/high quality combination that we offer, however, we cannot always accommodate requests to cover errors that result from someone's failure to read the full description that is offered.  That appears to be the case here.  We regret that it happened, but no fault was found on our side of the transaction.

Finally, regarding the difference in product numbers, we use multiple vendors to provide many of the products we offer.  They all meet our high quality standards, but we may ship any that meet the specification of the item sold.  As long as the manufacturer consistently provides high quality products, plastic bags are not a branded product, thus they can be substituted between manufacturers without incident.  We do it every day.

If you have a need for plastic bags or other packaging products, we offer a toll-free number that is answered from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM Central, Monday through Friday.  Call us with any concerns at 877.718.7627.  We will be happy to help you improve the likelihood that you get the right product to meet your requirements.