Complaint Review: Discount Tire Centers

• Submitted: Mon, January 28, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Vincent — Encinitas California United States of America
Discount Tire Centers
7120 Laurel Canyon North Hollywood, CA 91605 North Hollywood, California United States of America

Discount Tire Centers Stripped Threads on My Oil Pan and installed a new Plug Crooked so It Leaks Oil in North Hollywood, California

On 1-22-13 I entered Discount Tire Centers of North Hollywood, CA to get my oil changed.  They informed me that (they) stripped my oil pan threads and tapped in a new drain plug.  Upon getting home I noticed an oil leak.  Took the car to my mechanic, they told me the plug was put in askew and would leak oil from now on, the only fix was to replace the oil pan.  I contacted the owner and got no repsonse. Contacted the regional manager and Mr. Mike Nelson forwarded my info to Akop Semerdjian the owner - who then communicated to me through Mr. Nelson that he was not responsible.  I then paid the $300 out of my own pocket to fix the damage they caused.  I have continued to contact Discount Tire Centers for my $300 and they are now ignoring me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Tire-Centers/North-Hollywood-California-91605/Discount-Tire-Centers-Stripped-Threads-on-My-Oil-Pan-and-installed-a-new-Plug-Crooked-so-1005052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Tire Centers