tool

• Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: PoedBill — greenville South Carolina United States of America
Discount Tire
261 congaree Rd greenville, South Carolina United States of America

Discount Tire Sold me out of round tires and tried to tell me it was my rims. greenville, South Carolina

Discount Tire 261 Congaree Rd, Greenville SC.  This was my first and only visit at Discount Tire. Discount Tire Sold me out of round tires and would not replace and or fix them. And tried to tell me I needed to purchase new rims.

1) The rims were fine going before in Discount Tire.
2) The car road better on the old tires.
3) Ive been around and knew they BS-ing me.

The store is right beside I-385, which I drove on immediately after the tire purchase. The car shook and shimmied. Went back to the store. After a while in the waiting area, I was called to the desk. They said they could not fix the shimmy in my car due to bad bent rims. Of course I defended the rims, knowing the aluminum rims were jot bent, unless they bent them. Discount Tire went as far as to mount a tire on a balance machine rotate the tire and held plastic ruler on a stick on weight so the ruler would flick. Telling me my rims were bent.

I worked in gas stations when they were service stations as a kid. Garages, 10 years in a body shop, 15 years as a mold maker for Michelin Tire.  I know when someone is feeding me  bunch of crap about a car. That safety check they do. Is just a scam to add more $ to your bill.

I took this car and new tires to a local trusted frontend shop and they trued the tires and balance them, putting the cost well over my local trusted tire dealer. If you want your feeling hurt, have the rubber cut of of a set of new tires till they are round.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 12:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Tire/greenville-South-Carolina-29607/Discount-Tire-Sold-me-out-of-round-tires-and-tried-to-tell-me-it-was-my-rims-greenville-935155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Tire