• Report: #1020631

• Reported By: Sarah — Watauga Texas United States of America
Discount Tire
6325 Rufe Snow Dr Internet United States of America

Discount Tire Tears up your stuff, but wont replace, Internet

Several months ago I had my tires rotated, when I got home I noticed that the center caps were not on properly. I took it back and they said that the prongs that hold the caps on where broken.

I asked them what they were going to do about it and they basically said nothing. They were not responsible for breaking them because Ford made them out of plastic. So I am guessing they can be as careless as they want, just blame it on someone else.

This is the second time this happened, I didn't realize it was there fault the first time, after having 2 of them pop off and had to be replaced at 35.00 a piece. This time I noticed it right after they rotated my tires, so they are at fault, but they won't do anything.

Well, today I noticed that one of the caps is gone. Discount Tire won't replace it and neither will Ford. These things are not cheap and a funny thing is that several years ago I had a flat tire and my son managed to change the tire without breaking any of the prongs that held the cap on.

I'm sorry but if you broke something and you KNOW you broke it you should fix or replace it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Tire/internet/Discount-Tire-Tears-up-your-stuff-but-wont-replace-Internet-1020631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Tire