Complaint Review: Discount pool warehouse

• Reported By: Barb — Friendsville Tennessee
Discount pool warehouse

Discount pool warehouse Price increase following payment. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Price Increase

Following receipt of payment and verification of order I was informed that the price increased $40. My credit card would be billed if I accepted or the order cancelled if I refused. This is a typical "bait and switch". I cancelled my order and went elsewhere. The product was an above ground pool alarm. I was told that they could not absorb the increase in price. Then they should update their website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-pool-warehouse/internet/Discount-pool-warehouse-Price-increase-following-payment-Internet-1042294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount pool warehouse

Price Increase

AUTHOR: Discount Pool Warehouse.com - ()

On our website it states at the bottom of each web page that prices are subject to change without notice.  Manufactures and distributors changes prices all the time and with over 3,000 items on line it is impossible to keep up with every price on a daily basis.  In these cases we contact the buyer and let them know there has been a price increase and offer to let them cancel without penalty.  So this consumer did not incur any expense.  The buyers credit card was never charged any amount.

A bait an switch scheme would imply that we had a come on price and then switched the buyer to a more expensive product.  We in no way did that so this is not a bait and switch situation, just an economic reality.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Jim