Complaint Review: Discover Card Credit Card Services

• Reported By: ruby — Las Vegas Nevada USA
Discover Card Credit Card Services

Discover Card Credit Card Services Unfair interest rate hikes Internet

I was guaranteed a 7.99% interest rate
. Then I was notified it was being raised to 14.99% for no reason!! I was never late with a payment and always made more than the minimum payment due! This raise was not only on new purchases, but on my whole balance. And if I didn't want to accept this I could cancel my account (which was in good standing) and it wouldn't be raised. I was then offered an 11.99% interest rate on my whole balance due.
I was e-mailed that I could re-instate my account within 90 days if I chose to do so.
After about 3 weeks I decided to re-instate my account. When I called them I was told that the 11.99% was "only good that day" and that it would now be the 14.9%!!!
The government bailed out the  banks and we got screwed!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2009 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Card-Credit-Card-Services/internet/Discover-Card-Credit-Card-Services-Unfair-interest-rate-hikes-Internet-525149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Card Credit Card Services