Complaint Review: Discover Card Services

• Submitted: Sun, August 29, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, August 29, 2004

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Discover Card Services
PO Box 15251 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Discover Card Credit Card ripoff Wilmington Delaware

I transferred my account balance to Discover from another VISA card because of a better interest rate (among other things).

Almost immediately the Discover team began tacking on additional fees for services that I never requested like account guard basic (in case I couldn't make the minimum payment) insurance and all kinds of stuff this made it very difficult for me to pay the total minimum due.

I called their 1800 number and the "Discover Team" assured me that these spurious re-curring fees would end (ha-ha).

Every month the bill would bring the same horrors; the charges were still occurring and weren't being stopped.

Add this to their 18% interest rate and I couldn't make the monthly minimum!

I went to a lawyer (regretably) and he told me to transfer the balance away to another card which I did and cancel the Discover Card.

Christopher
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2004 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19886-5251/Discover-Card-Credit-Card-ripoff-Wilmington-Delaware-105991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Card Services