Complaint Review: Discover Card Services

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Marco Bellino — Laguna Beach California USA
Discover Card Services

Discover Card Services Discover Card Discover Card , Internet

I kept getting these promotional email from Discover card for some time.
Their offer was that I would to get 15 months of 0% interest free on Balance Transfer and 15 months of 0% interest Free on Purchases.

After I finally gave up due to their relentless email offer, I applied and transferred my balance in which I incurred more than $400 in fees, I found out that my rates and offer have changed to 6 months of 0% interest on purchases and 18 months of 0% interest on Balance Transfer.

Not only that.  After 7 months, most of my large payment has gone towards the balance transfer and not the expiring purchases 6 months 0% interest .  All this without my knowledge..

Now I am forced to pay more than $160 a month in interest and having to transfer the current balance to my other credit card, which eventually I am paying.

But have I ever known that their purchase interest % would be changed and that my payment has been going toward the balance transfer faster than my purchase balance I would not even have made a $1000 monthly payment, more than minimum due apparently.  I would have decided to ride the balance transfer 0% interest for the next 18 months.

They have currently been forced by the Federal Consumer Bureau to refund more than $250 million to consumer for deceiving them into signing up to Credit card protection payment.

Do not use their card if you decided to transfer some high yielding balances to their card.
Just pay double your minimum due every months until the length of your 0% interest Balance Transfer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Card-Services/internet/Discover-Card-Services-Discover-Card-Discover-Card-Internet-1002188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Card Services