Complaint Review: Discover Card

• Updated: Thu, November 22, 2012

• Reported By: Outraged! — Virginia USA
Discover Card

Discover Card Discover Bait and Switch with threats Internet

I received a invite to use the convienience cheks to pay off a credit card with a higher interest rate.  I received these invites for many months.  I had a zero balance for many months.  I took the offer and wrote a check for $1200.00, well below my credit limit of the month before (I checked).  I deposited it into my account to pay off another higher rated card.

3 days later I get an email to confirm I was the one that wrote the check.  I called the number they gave me and confirmed that I did indeed write this check.  It cleared and the funds were placed into my account.

The VERY NEXT DAY I received another email stating that this check will be returned denied because the company decided to lower my balance to $500, way below the balance that was there the month before.

I then get another email stating that I have now comprimised my credit rating because I have now overdrawn by $700 the amount I was allowed and show negative -$700 balance and then they proceed to threaten me by saying due to this overdrawing, they will allow my credit to be impacted by this.

I have NEVER been so angry in my life after this email.  I wrote this check in good faith, AFTER checking to see what my balance was, and there was more than enough in my account since there was no balnace for many months.

For them to arbitrarily lower my amount to the ridiculous amount of $500 AFTER I wrote my check, then threaten to ruin my credit because I was overdrawn by THEIR actions, I am totally in disbelief!  How does a company do this to a person.

This is totally wrong.  I am of a mindset to sue for bait and switch tactis, threatening emails and lack of communication in reducing the borrowing power without notice which are ALL aginst the fair practice laws.

I hope NO ONE uses this company for anything.  I would never recommend them , ever.

Stay away from this company.  They will embarass you , and try to ruin your credit without notice!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2012 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Card/internet/Discover-Card-Discover-Bait-and-Switch-with-threats-Internet-972599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Card