Complaint Review: Discover Card

Discover Card
discovercard.com Internet United States of America

Discover Card Took money From my bank account and said I agreed...... Internet

*General Comment: Discover Card payment plans

I lost my job and am loosing my house. Behind 2 payments on my card and OK getting calls. I wanted to get a payment plan and then the guy on the phone was nice and deffered my late charges put me on a low intrest rate and low payment. come to find out my first payment taken out was $928 (I do not have let alone food in the refrig.) not $200. I called they blamed me for not understanding I told them to get their phone records out. they called one department to stop payment was too late I need to call my bank. These late charges will all be on me if this goes through. These people suck!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2010 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Card/internet/Discover-Card-Took-money-From-my-bank-account-and-said-I-agreed-Internet-609478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Card

#1 General Comment

Discover Card payment plans

AUTHOR: K a melendez - (U.S.A.)

Did you set up a payment through the DirectPay on their web site?  I was in your same situation and I choose a fixed payment amount of $150.00.  They took $403.00 from my checking account.  Overdrafted my account and they told me I set it up and agreed to it.  I said " I set a fixed amount of $150.00 not $403.00! "  They said the $403.00 was my minimum amount due and I agreed to it when I set up the fixed amount of $150.00.  They said it says on the web site that they will always take the minimum amount due.  Even though each time I spoke to a representative they all saw the fixed amount of $150.00.  I got an e-mail that $150.00 would be taken out and when I went on the web site it showed a pending payment of $150.00.  But, suddenly the day of the payment it was $403.00.