Complaint Review: Discover Classic Cars

• Submitted: Fri, June 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Don — Clearwater Florida U.S.A.
Discover Classic Cars
15350 N. Hayden Road scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Discover Classic Cars Discover Hyundia Stole my car and money! scottsdale, Arizona

*Author of original report: Lawsuit threaten by dealer

*Author of original report: damaged trade

*Author of original report: trade returned

*Consumer Comment: You Got It Ramjet!

*Consumer Comment: Please

*Consumer Comment: Possible ways to get your car back.

*Consumer Suggestion: How sure are you?

On may 25, 2012 discover classis cars and I entered into a contract on a 2010 dodge challenger r/t. I gave them a rare 1969 442 convertible and $5000.00. Both cars were as is no warranty. They insisted on getting my car, my money, title, and all signed paperwork to them before they would ship my challenger.They got everything they wanted and I have nothing! They never  shipped my car and stopped responded to my emails.

Car dealers usually sue customers that don't live up to their end of sale so I never expected for a large car dealer to keep my money and trade! I'm out $30,000.00. I think they target the elderly but I'm not sure. After this report I expect others to follow. Please don't get ripped off like I did! Please contact me before you sign anything from discover classics. I will update whether they honor the deal or not. Save money and stress, find another dealer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2012 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Classic-Cars/scottsdale-Arizona-85257/Discover-Classic-Cars-Discover-Hyundia-Stole-my-car-and-money-scottsdale-Arizona-894961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Classic Cars

Lawsuit threaten by dealer

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

As you can see this dealer never responded to this report at all, except to tell me he was contacting his lawyer and going to sue me! Well as a lawyer would say  you can't sue someone for telling the truth. He could have offered to pay for my damages but refused. So when you look to buy a classic car remember do you want to buy from a car guy or a lawyer? I just want to save 1 buyer from going threw what I had too, thanks for listening.

damaged trade

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Due to a back injury I did not inspect my car competely the night the trade was dropped off in my yard. The front of the new convertible top is seperated , car has several scratches , and the mufflers were torn off. So now I have a damaged car because the dealer wouldn't honor his signed legal contract. I guess as is sale only applies to dealers when it's good for them!

trade returned

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Received my car and money back from Discover classic cars.

You Got It Ramjet!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Looks like you're right! Another example of throwing common sense out the window all for a stupid car. What we have here is another individual who would make P. T. Barnum proud..."A Sucker Is Born Every Minute!"

Please

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Please tell me I'm not reading this correctly and you are not buying the car 'sight unseen' on the internet.

Possible ways to get your car back.

AUTHOR: Steven - (United States of America)

Something similar happened to someone I work with You should try the following; Immediately contact the Police Department and report the car stolen (DO NOT CALL 911 call the local number for your police Dept). [Regardless of what contracts you signed they failed to uphold their end making it theft by deception(or at the very least fraud)]. Go to the local DMV and report the Title stolen (theft by deception or fraud) Contact the FBI Internet Crimes Division and File a claim (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx) Contact a Consumer Rights Attorney (Contact the local State bar association for information on a Pro Bono Attorney if you cannot afford to pay). Contacting the police and giving them all the paperwork and explaining to them you never received your end of the deal should be able to stop the sale of your car (In the US)

Definitions: (varies based on local laws)
Theft by deception is defined as a form of fraudulent activity, with someone using deception in order to gain access to services or property.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, please contact a licensed attorney for legal advice

#7 Consumer Suggestion

How sure are you?

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I just looked on Google Earth.  The location (15350 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale) is listed as Earnhardt Hyundai.  Earnhardt's is a regional automotive powerhouse with dealerships everywhere in the southwest.  While not an especially honest dealer, its hard to imagine that Earnhardts would be involved in a flat-out scam.

Did you personally visit that location?  Did you ever mail anything to that street address?  What proof do you have that discover classic cars actually operated from that address?  Both of the links you provided for discover classic cars failed.  Did they get your money and run?

I did find them located at 7224 E. McDowell Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257.  Phone 800-531-2426.  The website is www.discoverclassiccars.net I did not see your 4-4-2 in their current inventory.