Complaint Review: Discover Credit Card Services SOE*COMMERCE 858-537-0898 CA

• Updated: Thu, April 19, 2012

• Reported By: Scott — San Diego California USA
Discover Credit Card Services SOE*COMMERCE 858-537-0898 CA
8958 Terman Ct San Diego, California United States of America

Discover Credit Card Services SOE*COMMERCE 858-537-0898 CA unauthorized charges, unresponsive customer service, insecure freerealms.com website San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: Sony Online Entertainment

*UPDATE Employee: You are misinformed

$40 was charged unknown to me within a space of 1 hour in 5 different charges to my MasterCard debit account within the space of one hour last Sunday night, October 12th to play a FreeRealms.com account. I had the credit card used in my possession the entire time, and the person that had that account lived over 100 miles away. After inspecting the account online, they DO NOT require input of the three digit security code and thus making their site open to fraudulent charges of which many other similar circumstances have been noted here.

I immediately called SOE*COMMERCE 858-537-0898 CA as listed on my online statement and spoke to someone (by the way, their customer service department does not "open" until 10AM which should tell you something about this company as well) who identified himself at first by "Frank" and then when I pressed for his customer service manager, said his name was "Bengie".  I issued the complaint and asked that they reverse the charges stating that charges are able to be made to an online account without having the security code and that I personally do not have an account, nor have I authorized those charges, but only had authorized a $4.99/month membership charge. "Bengie" refused to connect me to a supervisor stating that I "must create a paper trail" by faxing or emailing the request, but that I would be able to speak to no one else. I said that I would make trouble for his company, which his response was "I don't like you threatening me" to which I replied I am not threatening you at all, but will take legal recourse (referring to such recourse as this report).

Bottom line: do not let your kids use FreeRealms.com or other SOE online games as they are shady, disreputable, and basically lie to keep money from fraudulent charges.

10-08-2009 *DEBIT PURCHASE Oct08 11:04p 1215
$ 5.00
10-08-2009 *DEBIT PURCHASE Oct08 10:40p 1215
AT 22:40 SOE*COMMERCE 858-537-0898 CA
$ 5.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2009 03:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-Credit-Card-Services-SOECOMMERCE-858-537-0898-CA/San-Diego-California-92121/Discover-Credit-Card-Services-SOECOMMERCE-858-537-0898-CA-unauthorized-charges-unrespon-508919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover Credit Card Services SOE*COMMERCE 858-537-0898 CA

Sony Online Entertainment

AUTHOR: Hermitian Operator - (United States of America)

858-537-0898 is the number for Sony Online Entertainment. If you didn't read the terms of service agreement before using an online game -- especially on your phone, then you are probably wondering why you are being charged by S.O.E. If you gave your credit card number to a family member and it was "borrowed" by one of their friends, then you might have $1,000's of dollars charged. If you have a decent bank they might be able to reverse some of the charges -- which you originally agreed to pay.

You are misinformed

AUTHOR: Anonymous123 - (U.S.A.)

I assure you that to make a purchase on the website you must enter full and complete credit card information INCLUDING the 3 digit security code.  I have spoken to multiple parents who give their children their cards, and then claim fraud with us, and yell when their child takes that information given to make multiple purchases.  Sometimes the child probably does not understand what they are doing is costing real money, or the value of money but they are doing it.  There are many security settings in place to make purchases, however we cannot be at the computer with you to make sure that it is you making those purchases.  Please show me where you inspected the account online and it didnt require the security code?  If you can find it I will quit my job tomorrow, because I promise you it does.  I also consider someone telling me " I will make trouble for you" a threat.  People have an issue realizing that the person they are speaking to on the phone, is a person like themselves, and will react defensively if attacked, much like you would.  Also what does not opening the phones till 10 am say about anything?  They are open from 10 am to 7 pm PST.