Complaint Review: Discover card

• Updated: Tue, May 13, 2014

• Reported By: Mrs.B — house springs Missouri
Discover card
Internet USA

Discover card sent credit card to my "NEW" spouse that was never asked for, nor did I mentioned his name due to card was from prior marriage PO Box 15410, Wilmington, DE 19850-5410 DE

*Consumer Comment: What does your husband say?

I had a card for 4 yrs. Got Divorced, and the bills in the divorce.

I then remarried. Paid faithfully for 2 yrs till I became deliquent due to loss of job.

One day(while in default) My new husband recieved(addressed to him) a Discover Card from my account.

I never asked for this card(again Im in default), NOR did I ever state what my NEW SPOUSE"S name was when I put in a new address change.

Now my default has shown on  my NEW HUSBANDS credit report against him when he has never been on my account, or has he made a charge on it or made a payment.

I didnt understand WHY the card was sent, muchless it being solely addressed to him, without my consent, but to now try to hold it against him is completely wrong and underhanded. the card was NEVER ACTIVATED TO THIS DAY.

Please explain to me HOW & WHY they think they can do this?

They are trying to make him a JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDER and as the account holder along with my ex husband, who the hell ask them to do this and what right do they have to do this?

There are a few people in my area with hte same names as my husband & I, what makes them think they have it right to begin with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2014 02:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discover-card/internet/Discover-card-sent-credit-card-to-my-NEW-spouse-that-was-never-asked-for-nor-did-I-me-1146144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discover card

What does your husband say?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Okay if we are to take what you put in this report as 100% truth with nothing left out.  What you are basically saying is that somehow the stars aligned and Discover, even though you never told them about your husband, they figured out you were re-married, they figured out his name and SSN, and out of the blue sent him a card.  Yea...totally logical.

How do you know that it is linked to your account, perhaps your husband got a separate account?

So what did your husband say about this?  Oh and I mean BOTH husbands, as perhaps your "Ex" decided to play some fun and games and decided to get someone to pretend to be you and make all of these changes.  Because your Ex probably knows enough that would verify your information with any company(last 4 ssn, mothers maiden name..etc).

For that matter what did Discover say about this?  I mean you did talk to them about this right?