Complaint Review: Discovery Counseling & Consulting

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Richmond Virginia
Discovery Counseling & Consulting
4118 E. Parham Rd. Suite A Richmond, Virginia USA

Discovery Counseling & Consulting Provide poor service, overbill for visits, non-professional office manager Richmond Virginia

Wow, is all I can say about Discovery Counseling & Consulting located in Richmond, VA. The sessions got more and more useless as time went by, and the final straw came when the "doctor" and I sat in silence for TEN minutes just staring at each other. Then, after this incredible awkwardness where I had expected him to offer advice, he ended the session... 15 minutes into it.

The nightmare then began when I found out that Discovery Counseling & Consulting, in Richmond Virginia, tried to bill me for 45 minutes. Then, after much arguing they changed it to 30 minutes but refuse to change is or alter my payment based on the fact that the visit was so short!! So they insist on charging me for 30 minutes, and insist that that's their right and they can do that if they want. I offered to pay half the bill (since half of 30 is 15), but the office manager refused that offer and made threats about collections.

I have contacted the BBB already, and hope that resolves the problem. Please STAY AWAY from Discovery Counseling & Consulting because they tried to rip me off BIG TIME and were probably hoping that I or my insurance company wouldn't notice... Well, I'm informing my insurance company as well so they know what type of people run this place.

I am just trying to warn everyone about this place, and if you do decide to go here keep an eye on the time and what times they bill you for- you may be shocked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discovery-Counseling-Consulting/Richmond-Virginia-23228/Discovery-Counseling-Consulting-Provide-poor-service-overbill-for-visits-non-professi-1162173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discovery Counseling & Consulting