Complaint Review: Discovery Marketing - RainSoft

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:altamonte springs Florida
Discovery Marketing - RainSoft
6505 EDGEWATER DR ORLANDO, Florida U.S.A.

Discovery Marketing - RainSoft I HAD TO REPLACE THE GEARS IN MY CHLORINE PUMP TWICE IN 18 MONTHES ORLANDO Florida

I HAD TO REPLACE THE GEARS IN MY CHLORINE PUMP TWICE IN 18 MONTHES,THE SECOND IME WAS ONLY 8 MNTHES AFTER THE FIRST TIME.WHEN I CALLED TO GET I REPAIRED DISCOVERY MARKETING SAID THE PART (PHENOLIC GEAR)WASNOT UNDER WARRENTY..I EXPLAINED THEY HAD JUST REPLACED THE GEAR MONTHES AGO..THEY SAID I COULD PUT A CREDIT CARD O FILE AND TEY WOULD SEND A TECH AT A COST OF $125 TO REPAIR IT.I SAID NO THANKS HOW MUCH FOR THE GEAR..$29 BUCKS .I PAID IT..WENT ON LINE FOUND A COMPANY CALLED (((REDACTED))) TOLD THEM I WANTED 2 PHENOLIC GEARS ..THE TECH AT (((REDACTED))) SAID WHY..I EXPLAINED MY RAIN SOFT SYSTEM WAS EATING THE GEARS LIKE CANDY..THE TECH DID A 3 WAY CALL WITH ME TO STENNER PUMPS IN JAX..THEY SAID THE GEAR SHOULD LAST ATLEAST 3YRS..I USE MY SYSTEM ONE WEEKEND A MONTH..THATS 16AYS SICE THE GEAR WAS PUT IN (USE TIME)THEY SAID SOMETHING WAS WRNG CAUSING MY GEAR TO BE DISTROYED OR THE DICOVERY MARKETING TECH INSTALLED THE GEAR WRONG...SURE ENOUGH WHEN I REPLACED THE GEAR I GOT FROM (((REDACTED)))..BECAUSE LOW AND BEHOLD THE DISCOVERY MARKETING PEOPLE GAVE ME THE WRONG GEAR..THE PROBLEM WAS THE REGEUVENATION PLUNGER IN THE BACK WAS STUCKOPEN BECAUSE THE CHEAP LITTLE SCREW WAS STRIPPED OUT..I RETAPPED IT PUT IN A BIGGER SCREW PROBLEM FIXED.I CALLED AND TALKED TO SCOTT THE SERVICE MANAGER AFTER A WEEK CALLING EVERY DAY THE GUY FINALY HAD TIME TO TALK TO ME. AFTER I ASK FOR Mr.SPINNER..THE OWNER I WAS TOLD.THIS GUY SCOTT THE SERVICE MANAGER WAS THE MOST RUDE DISRESPECTFUL SO CALLED MANAGER YOU WILL EVER TALK TO..I EXPLAINED TO SCOTT WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND SAID I CANT BELIEVE YOU DISCOVERY MARKETING CHARGE $29 DOLLARS FOR A PART THAT WAS REPLACED 8MONTHES EARLIER.AND (((REDACTED))) HAS THE PART FOR$15.AND YOU WANTED A CREDIT CARD ON FILE THAT YOU WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME $125 TO DO A REPIR BECAUSE THE GEAR WAS NOT UNDER WARRENTY..I ASK SCOTT THE SERVICE MANAGER HOW CAN A COMPANY I'VE NEVER DONE BUSSINESS WITH (((REDACTED))) GIVE ME THE CUSTOMER, BETTER SERVICE THAN A COMPANY I SPENT $4000 WITH..I ASK SCOTT THE SERVICE MANAGER IF THE REGEAUVINATION PLUNGER WAS UNDER WARRENTY HE SAID YES,,,I SAID SO THE REGEAUVEATION PLUNGER REUINED THE PHENOLIC GEAR AND YOU WILL REPAIR THE PLUNGER BUT NOT THE GEAR.EVAN THOUGH THE REGEAUVINATION PLUNGER IS THE REASON THE GEAR WAS DISTROYED BOTH TIMES AND THE TECH DID NOT FIX THE TRUE PROBLEM.HE HUNG UP ON ME AT THAT TIME...SO IF YOU WANT REALY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TO BE CHARGED EVERY TIME YOUR VERY EXSPENSIVE LIFETIME WARRENTY WATER SYSTEM BREAKS GO WITH DISCOVERY MARKETING..BUT REMEMBER YOU'VE BEEN WARNED..

Kevin
altamonte springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discovery-Marketing-RainSoft/ORLANDO-Florida-32810/Discovery-Marketing-RainSoft-I-HAD-TO-REPLACE-THE-GEARS-IN-MY-CHLORINE-PUMP-TWICE-IN-18-467567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discovery Marketing - RainSoft