Complaint Review: Dish Network; E-Club Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, August 13, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 13, 2007

• Reported By:Chico California
Dish Network; E-Club Marketing
www.dishnetwork.com; www.e-club.com Englewood, CO; S. Plainfield, NJ, Alaska U.S.A.

Dish Network; E-Club Marketing Unauthorized accessed credit card info Ripoff Englewood Colorado S. Plainfield New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: E-Club is a corrupt marketing guru

A repeat of several reports I read after I discovered ripoff.com.

Receive promotional mail from Dish Network; contact Dish Network to enroll in their service; provide credit card info to Dish Network; Dish Network sends a local service provider to install satellite receiver system; Dish Network bills credit card; E-Club Marketing bills same credit card about a week later; credit card bill arrives; Question the charge notated on the bill as "E-Club"; get E-Club phone contact info from the credit bill and contact E-Club whose representative implies that E-Club is affiliated with Dish Network; sometime after signing up with Dish Network, review Dish Network bill and discover that Dish Network and E-Club are each charging the same price for a duplicate service; Telephone Dish Network who blames local installer; telephone local installer who blames Dish Network; telephone Dish Network who now blames E-Club; teltphone E-Club who blames me but credits the most recent charge - only - to my credit card and tells me to take up the matter with my credit card issuer; telephone Dish Network in an attempt to reach a just resolution; after multiple placings on hold, Dish Network representative says "sorry we can't help you - have a nice day".; and finally contact credit card issuer who says send us the applicable billings and maybe we can help; telephone Dish Network and cancel their service with the admonition that I will be holding their equipment until I am made whole - after all, it was either Dish Network who directly, or through complicity with a third party, stole my money in the first place.

TV just ain't worth all these headaches so I am going to find something else to do with my time. Maybe you should too...

CWC
Chico, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2007 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-E-Club-Marketing/Englewood-CO-S-Plainfield-NJ-Alaska-80120-07080/Dish-Network-E-Club-Marketing-Unauthorized-accessed-credit-card-info-Ripoff-Englewood-Col-267272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network; E-Club Marketing

#5 Consumer Suggestion

E-Club is a corrupt marketing guru

AUTHOR: Deanna - (U.S.A.)

You probably went thru them with out knowing it when you signed up for Dish Network. Their flyers will have elephant group in small print somewhere. Their website looks like Dish but will have satellitesales.com somewhere.

You have to cancell your credit card as they will lie about cancelling your membership and continue to charge. They continued to try to charge mine but I cancelled mine.

Also look for charges to Blockbuster on line. They sell credit card numbers and info to them.

File a complaint with the BBB and Attorney general of New Jersey. The more complaints on file will hopefully persuade them to investigate.

E-Club Marketing
901 Hadley Rd
South Plain, NJ 07080

1-800-731-1752

I received their answer from the BBB of NJ and it was full of lies. They will resond that you gave them permission to sell all of your info and credit card number when you called to sign up for Dish. I of course did not accept it and sent a letter back but at least the BBB has it on file for future use.

E-Club has than been calling my home with hang up calls since I signed up for Dish Network thru them. They have many complaints of harrassing calls.

When I did call them they cursed me on the phone so no use dealing with them. They have your info and do not care.

My credit card company did back charges on the E-Club Membership charges and Blockbuster on line charges since they have no proof of authorization. E-Club will say they have tapes of you authorizing the charges but can't seem to present them. Go figure.

Stay away from calling thru the elephant group or satellitesales unless you have lots of money to donate to them and do not mind your personal info being sold all over. Remember, they do not abide by Dish Network's privacy policy because they are a third party and basically have none since they are a telemarketer and that is what they do.

Deanna