respond

Complaint Review: Dish Network - Echostar

• Submitted: Thu, July 22, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 26, 2011

• Reported By: Chris — Etters Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Dish Network - Echostar
PO Box 9040 Littleton, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network - Echostar Dish Bait and Switch. Poor customer service. Littleton, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Employee

Poor or no signal during rain storms. Signal is lost quite often. Hung up by customer service when I asked to speak to a manager.

I have had signal issues since the first time we had bad weather after the install. Dish did agree to come out and check on it once but they never showed up. Now they state that I will have to pay to have them service their equipment that I am leasing. I told them that if they will not provide me with service as agreed then I want out of my contract without penalty since they are not honoring their end. They refused.

They also have changed the channel lineup and refused to allow me to view the channel line-up that I signed up for. They told me that they can change the line-up any time they wish. They informed me that if I want the channels back I would have to pay for a more expensive package. I told them this is a bait and switch. I was told that this is my opinion. This is an unethical and disreputable company.

In response to the BBB report that I filed they have agreed to send a technician out to fix my signal issue, but they will only restore the channels if I agree to pay them additional money, and do not agree that I should be let out of my contract since there service is of little value to me without channels that my family wants to watch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2010 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-Echostar/Littleton-Colorado-80120/Dish-Network-Echostar-Dish-Bait-and-Switch-Poor-customer-service-Littleton-Colorado-625920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network - Echostar

Employee

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello, I wanted to just shed some light onto your situation. Signal should not be going out constantly, that usually means that the dish is out of alignment. There is a cost for the technician. There is a cost of $95 if you do not have the service plan, and $15 if you do. There is also a 60 day warranty on each technician visit, so within 60 days of a tech visit, there is no cost. The channel lists can change. That is usually caused by a contract negotiation, and networks telling us what package a certain channel needs to be in. We must follow these negotiations, so that can mean changing the channel line ups. But we do offer a variety of packages with a variety of channels, and we are still the lowest prices out there. I hope that this is able to shed a little light on your situation here

Becki Barned