Complaint Review: Dish Network - Echostar

• Submitted: Thu, May 27, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, June 24, 2010

• Reported By: Honest Dish Employee — Phoenix Arizona USA
Dish Network - Echostar
4811 E. Thistle Landing Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85044 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Dish Network - Echostar EchoStar Truth About Treatment Of Dish Network Employees Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: Still searching for a life!

*Author of original report: I'll be back.....

*Author of original report: I'm Coming Out...

*General Comment: Come out, come out, wherever you are!

*General Comment: Stop avoiding my questions

*Author of original report: Dear Mr. Surfalong

*General Comment: Why drag me into this?

*UPDATE Employee: thanks coach

*UPDATE Employee: Thanks for being honest

This may seem lengthy, but its well worth the read if youre seeking the truth about Dish Network / Echostar and its treatment of employees.

As a coach on the sales floor at the Ahwatukee / Phoenix, AZ location, I have some first hand knowledge of just how corrupt this company is. I finally ended up leaving after working there nearly 10 months, 6 of which I was a coach. I knew of the corruption my first week out of training as it is that apparent. Nonetheless, I was stupid enough to believe that I could make a difference once I became a coach especially knowing what I knew, but I was wrong. Dish Network as a company totally lacks morals and ethics in the way it treats its employees and customers.

If your applying to be an Inside Sales Rep, you should know that this company will go so far as to take money out of sales rep's check for not performing to their standards. YES you read it correctly; they will take your money, which you earned by selling their product, out of your check if you do not perform to their so-called standards. It is these very standards that change almost daily to suit the needs of the company, not the employees, which are so difficult to track or live up to. It was with greed and stupidity on my part that I joined this company in the first place and I wish I had seen this board prior to my starting with Dish, as I would have never left my other job. If youre doing research on this company regarding a potential job in this sales center, read this carefully before you decide to join. If youre researching this company to get service, read this and then go to some of the links below before you do anything.

Dish hires all its sales reps under false pretences. On their web site they claim that youll Earn $50K, $60K, $70K or more your first year! (Unlimited earning potential with an uncapped commission plan) which they proudly post for the inside sales rep position. Thats their bait line to get you to apply. Once you apply, youll get a call from the recruiter, usually from a female with a sweet voice, who will then go over some of the basics of the job and reaffirms the earning potential youll have. He or she will even going so far as to say that most agents make upwards of 60K. This is a bold face lie and nothing more than additional bait to get you to the interview process, which is where they size you up. Once you get a face too face interview, they ask you to sell them on why they should hire you. Now keep in mind, this is normal practice for any well-respected company, however Dish uses this technique to make you believe that they are only looking for big sellers who want big money. What theyre actually looking for is how greedy you are, how gullible you are and to what depth. This is why they push the Earn $50K, $60K, $70K so hard. The fact is, the average sales agent is making less than 30K a year. I know this because I processed the sales reps timesheets and I had to deal with ticked off employees every time they received their check. When I say the average agent, I speaking of 98% of the people working on the phones, as sales reps in this center. The final part of the interview is when they sit you with one of the working sales reps to listen to a call. Keep in mind the person they choose is someone they know that really needs a job and will never say anything bad about the company and will only tell you what they want you to hear, should you ask any questions. However, here is one important question you can ask the sales rep once the interviewer walks away, How many sales do you make when someone calls in regarding the certificate for $500.00 worth of free stuff. Look at the face of the employee when they answer and that should tell you everything you need to know.

Now once you pass the actually interview, you are scheduled into their two-week training class, which is designed to teach you about the equipment, packages, programming and just how great the company is. Here is where you need to be very careful. Amidst all the confusion of learning everything, on a given day they will send in a human resources person to discuss benefits, payroll, etc. and make you sign a ton of paperwork. One of the documents they have you sign, states that you will not sue Dish/Echostar without going through arbitration first. They do this knowing that once you sign it, most attorneys wont even talk to you because attorneys work off of high dollar suits and arbitration doesnt return high dollars. My advice is to slip that one piece of paper in your bag and never sign it. Chances are they wont even notice its missing and youll have kept your doors open Now if at all during training you should be stupid enough to ask what the average agent really makes, their reply is usually, Why is average all you strive for. During the training they will tell you that you wont make what the average agent makes right away, because youre new and dont have the experience yet. But wait a minute, they only hire real sales people who average 60K, right? Then why shouldnt you as a real sales person, make what they say the best of the best are making on the floor, especially after two weeks of training? Because the best of the best are not actually making 60k at all, but I think you already knew the answer to that question.

Now at some point during your interview or training, someone will tell you that youll make $30.00 for every sale you close. Well the truth is a little more complex because of the amount of customer service calls they transfer to you. Ill explain, as a sale rep youre paid on the number of sales you make compared to the amount of total calls you receive. Lets use this scenario; you receive a total of 10 (youll actually average 20 to 40) calls in one day. Of the 10, 3 were actual sales calls where people were really interested in getting service, 5 were customer service calls, which the screeners should never have sent to the sales floor in the first place, and the remaining 2 were hang-ups. Of the 3 people truly interested in getting service, only 2 could pass the credit check and these were the 2 you closed which gives you a 20% close ratio. The 1 didnt pass the credit check and has no money, nothing you can do about it, period. This is a typical day in this call center. The company however expects you to stay above a 28% close ratio or they start taking money away from you. All totaled you just took 10 calls and yes even the hang-ups and 5 accidentally customer service calls count against you and you just gave money back to the company because of your low close ratio and it had nothing to do with your ability to sell. If you complain about the amount of customer service calls you get, theyll assure you that theyre working on getting the calls routed correctly and will soon have this problem fixed, which is yet another lie. During my entire tenure they instructed us coaches to assure the sales reps that the company knew of the problem and was working on getting it fixed. What amazed me is how many people believed us and continued working until they realized it was nothing more than another lie. It only takes you a week or two of working there to know that this so called transfer problem, has been going on for years and will never be fixed. Its well known by everyone from the top down that this is a revenue source for the company. If they can keep your close ratio down, they keep more money from your sales. As coaches we were taught to find all the reasons why your close ratio is your fault for not being able to sell and not the companies wrongdoing.

Most true sales people, once they find out the truth, stay with Dish until they find a real job. Personally I say if youre on unemployment, take the job with them and waste their training dollars until something better comes along. Hey, a check is a check, especially when youre unemployed. With this information in hand, go forward with caution if you choose to work for this company. Remember.If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. With that said, here a few links to some of the complaints, suits and horror stories regarding this company:

Click on the links below to read more or copy and paste them into your browser:

Just for good measure, theres this next site, that would like you to believe that they're nothing more than happy consumers who started a site on behalf of Dish because they are so tickled stupid with the company and its outstanding service. I especially love the heading on this site My DISH Network Review - The Only TV For Me!. Hmmmm, I love how it blends in at the top of your page that youre an Authorized Retailer and when you click on your Disclosure & Transparency link you confirm that you get commissioned from everyone that signs up from your site? How sweet of you to start this consumer awareness site, that you give such a glowing review, especially one that pays you to be satisfied. If this site is nothing more than one persons review of Dish Network, than the ads they run on television are nothing more than a public service announcement. Pleaseseems to me like Dish Network & Friends are still up to their sneaky lying ways.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2010 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-Echostar/Phoenix-Arizona-85044/Dish-Network-Echostar-EchoStar-Truth-About-Treatment-Of-Dish-Network-Employees-Phoenix-607909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network - Echostar

#1 General Comment

Still searching for a life!

AUTHOR: surfalong - (United States of America)

You have an amazing talent for blowing things way out of proportion, dont you?

For a guy that suggests I need to get a life, you seem to be putting in a good deal of time behind the keyboard yourself. But, you know what? You may be right! I think we may both (I know you like bold!) be better off spending our time on more productive activities. In that spirit, Im going to do my best to keep this one brief.

I find it interesting that you constantly need to fall back on insults and name-calling: I can see you found the Thesaurus on you computer. Stupidest business man alive. Are you an idiot? Any moron whos uses a computer knows to look on the web and not here.

Do those insults boost your reputation as a decent guy?

My good man, if anyone could be described as enraged, I think that would have to be you. You are the one throwing the insults around, now arent you?

The league I speak of is one comprised of people who can deal with the facts and engage in a civilized exchange without the use of name-calling.

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Did I threaten to sue you? Nope. Just suggesting that you might be mindful of your language when you are pontificating on the internet. This may come as a surprise to you, but I havent been talking to any jailhouse lawyer. Almost sounds like another insult on your part, doesnt it?

Congratulations on your efforts to try to turn this thing around, but Im sorry to break it to you: Youve got nothing.

You said you wanted to ask me some questions. The closest thing I can see to a question is your rant on Charlie Ergen. If I might take a guess at what you are asking: Do I feel it is moral or ethical to promote DISH Network?

Answer: No more or less ethical to promote any number of other big companies. You do recall all those search results I found by checking for complaints on DirecTV and Comcast, right? So who do you recommend for someone who has to choose between them? If one were to base their decision on your methodology, I guess DISH Network would be the winner since they had the fewest complaints for the type of search you used on Google.

Im well aware of the whole Tivo thing. Much like the whole casino thing, I think you mind find some varying opinions out there on that one. I dont believe that whole thing is completely settled, but last I heard, DISH was the winner in an important judgment recently. Youll find some details here: www.dailynews.com/technology/ci_15276930

Its hard for me to believe a self-professed decent guy like you would defend the gambling industry. Its widely known that the whole system is set up so that the house always wins. Sure, its a legal business, but youll find a whole lot of variation on opinion about the morals and ethics of that industry.

You mention that you are self-employed, but dont say what it is you do. Its pretty obvious what I do, so you already know the answer to that.

Do you promote a product or service? If so, which one(s)?

Dont you understand that when you call someone out, and basically accuse them of being a liar, that the accused may want to know a little about the kind of business the accuser is involved in? You know, I think that actually matters.

I hate to have to re-visit this one again, but is it completely impossible to believe that I promote DISH Network, I actually use the service, and I actually like it? Is everyone who promotes any product or service a liar? Theres no doubt that there are a lot of unethical and scumbag things going on in the world of business, but besides yourself, cant you believe anyone can be truthful in business?

Nowhere on my site does it say that Charlie Ergen is a great guy, or that he  is a crook or is not a crook. Like I said, Im not going to start accusing people of things. Trials, court records and all those kinds of things are public record, and if anyone wants to research Charlie Ergen or anyone else, there is nothing I can do to stop them.

I guess you dont give enough credit to consumers. You think my site has the amazing ability to hypnotize people and force them to order DISH Network? If that were the case, I think Id be living in a much larger house.

You implore me to live by my own words. Please enlighten me regarding which of my own words I am not living by. As I have pointed out numerous (theres that bold again!) times, it is plain to see on my site that I promote DISH Network and that I am paid to do so when someone actually signs up, of course. What am I hiding? Do you even believe that I am a DISH Network customer? If you can think of a way for me to prove it to you, I will gladly go along with it.

In closing, lets drop all the girly games (now youre going to tick off the feminists kidding!), OK? You opened this can of worms by dragging my site into your complaint about DISH Network? Why you picked my site out of all of them out there promoting DISH I do not know.

Do you plan to go after any of the other DISH Network promoters also? Like I said before, if you really feel that I am a liar, and that I am misleading consumers, get the FTC on the phone and file a complaint about me. Stop trying to turn things around and make it look like you are the victim of some evil promoter who is plotting to sue you. I think I made it clear that if you did decide to report me to the FTC as I have dared you to, that you might be a bit surprised by the outcome.

If youve got some more direct (!) questions for me about my character, business , favorite color or anything else, fire away.

P.S. I hope this response was prompt enough for you. Not as brief as I would have liked, but I tried! You know how it is for us guys with no life.

---

Hey, a check is a check, especially when youre unemployed. Mr. Honest, Decent, Nice Guy of Arizona

I'll be back.....

AUTHOR: Honest Dish Employee - (USA)

It's been 15 minutes, no wait 30 , hold on 1 hour since my last posting. Where are you and where is your response? I DEMAND that you reply immediately. Are you in hiding? Are you too cowardly to confront me and my lawyers? Stop hiding and answer me NOW. By the powers of Charlie Ergen and all the saints in his "league," I command you to show yourself.... Seriously, on second thought, no rush, I can wait. Thoroughly think through your reply and compose something worthy of my attorneys reply and then get back to me. And since you're so fond of plagiarizing , let me follow suit by quoting Arnold.....'I'll Be Back." I PROMISE

AUTHOR: Honest Dish Employee - (USA)

Okay, I can see that youve been waiting by the keyboard for a response from me, so here goes. After reading this lengthy Diatribe I can see you found the Thesaurus on you computer. While you still have it up, can you find another word for Thesaurus for me? You know Im only kidding, right? No seriously, stop looking I finally log on to read not one, but two insufferable tirades from you. For a man who sits on his keyboard, you claim an awful lot of ignorance about who it is youre defending. The fact that I havent immediately responded to you doesnt mean Ive gone into hiding. What am I in a cave in Pakistan? It simply means I have a life, which is something you need to look into. I give you my solemn oath, Im not waiting on pins and needles for your next verbal vomit. Look, you must be the stupidest businessman alive, nonetheless if you want to continue standing on your crumbling soapbox and expose yourself, then who am I to stop you?

Anyone reading this knows why you demand answers to questions about my bank, my job, my health care provider, my car etc. etc. Im surprise you havent asked for a stool sample. Youre trying to deflect responsibility in hopes that you will somehow expose who I do business with now, as being no better or equal to the likes of Dish. I am not here defending DirecTV, Exxon, Ford or anyone else nor are they even part of this topic. What, like their indiscretions would somehow justify the way Dish treats its employees and customers? You really hope there is something in my life that you can point a finger at that will draw attention away from the topic at hand. It hasnt worked thus far, but what the hell Im a gambling man Damn it, I outed myself as a gambling man, does that mean I get to go to Vegas and Cheat them too?  Or is that just reserved for the people in your league?   Moral equivalency arguments are for politicians hiding from the light of truth, is that your goal?

You ask me if I check out every place I do business with before hand. To be 100% honest guy, the answer is no... Had you read my first posting 100% of the way through, youd see that I clearly stated I was rather upset with myself for not having checked into Dish before becoming employed by them. I started out this entire DIATRIBE by admitting I made a mistake by not doing what I should have done, just some simple research. I did however correct my mistake by quitting once I realized what a corrupt company Dish is and that there was nothing I could do to change it. Perhaps I should have quit sooner, but as I stated, I thought if I stayed I couldve made a difference. Silly huh? But I digress; do I check out every restaurant, hotel, gas station and so forth before doing business with the proprietor/proprietress? The answer is again is NO. Damn, according to you, you spend no time on your computer checking out Charlie Ergen and claim ignorance to his unethical behavior, but Im expected to check out every business before buying their product and then prove it to you. Isnt it odd that you refuse to live by your own words? Silly huh? I do however check into a company that Im entering into a major contract with or willing to do big business with. My case in point, I recently bought two new vehicles and although I have been a life long supporter of GM, I chose another automaker because of GMs latest deceptive advertisement of having paid back in full, the bailout money it took. I thought this was wrong so I went elsewhere. (Before I go any further, do I need to disclose what automaker I chose, or will you demand it in another of your self-righteous indignant responses?) Im kidding, and sooooo sorry, so dont send your lawyers after me, okay. I recently closed all my accounts both personal and business, with Bank Of America and have proof of that too for your lawyers and went with a small town bank because of BofAs treatment of customers and what I felt was a lack of ethics on their behalf. I didnt make this up, as it was featured on several major news programs, talk shows and internet. I did the right thing when I found out the truth. Just like were doing here. And to answer yet another of your questions, good Lord youre demanding, no Im not with DirecTV nor do I have any affiliation with them including the selling of their services. Of course it is impossible for you to be objective about a product you promote..  Promote being the operative word here. You have a great interest in promoting (selling) your product for your own self-interest.  Suggesting you are an objective source is like a car salesman saying, trust me. Unfortunately Im still stuck with Dish service for another 10 months until the contract is up. And why am I still with Dish? Because unlike your man Charlie, Im a man of my word and stick to the contract I signed instead of trying to cheat by canceling it sooner. So youve successfully exposed me as an unhappy ex employee as well as an unhappy customer who is still chooses to do the honorable thing by completing his contractual obligations. Honorable, now theres a word you dont read in news articles about Dish these days. So am I this hypocrite you claim I am? I did the right thing by going elsewhere. That ethical soapbox of yours is starting to collapse, would you like me to install some handrails to steady yourself with?

Your heading demands  STOP AVOIDING MY QUESTIONS, although Ive answered several above, Im guessing not enough to satisfy you or this imaginary audience you see reading this, so Ill continue. You go on to ask, How about the company you work for? How much do you know about the CEO? Are you just going to conveniently ignore these questions again? The heading doesnt read Im mad at Dish but Im willing to forgive if someone will just expose my new company now is it? But if it helps, I am happily self-employed, so please try to stay on topic. (Will I need to post my (EIN) here to prove that Im self-employed as well.) Honestly for a man that refuses to live by his own words, you really hold everyone else to task for the ethics & morals you admittedly dont live by yourself.

Then you write, The best youve got is that Charlie Ergen is a bad guy? According to your account anyway.  then you go on to add, How the heck am I supposed to know all about Charlie Ergen, or if what you say is even true? Are you an idiot, or do you just pretending to be one here? In all seriousness, thats an honest question and not an insult as I find it hard to believe youre truly claiming ignorance of Charlies past and current unethical & immoral conduct. Everything Ive found has come from news articles, postings on reputable sites, law suits and court documents easily found on the internet. You obviously have access to the internet to post all your nonsensical rhetoric, but suddenly you dont know how to use it to find the truth about this person that you claim only I demonize. Wait a minute, perhaps this is more of an educational blog for you than a soapbox to preach from. Until lawsuits are settled and someone is convicted of a crime, its not the smartest thing in the world to start throwing accusations around now, is it? Something else a good attorney could help you out with. Please let me educate you on the $104 million dollars Dish/Echostar has already paid to Tivo for the patent infringement lawsuit. This article regarding Tivo winning yet again was in the news as of Mar 4, 2010  (http://www.von.com/news/2010/03/court-slaps-dish-hard-in-tivo-patent-lawsuit.aspx ) Just to set the record straight, this is not an alleged lawsuit the company lost, they already paid and continue to be sued by Tivo. Gosh, why do I keep answering your questions? Dont answer that.

Cheating Tivo out of its technology, hmmmmm. And yet you defend the guy by stating And please, calling Charlie Ergen out as a card counter is a pretty lame attempt to make him look bad Cheating" casinos? I think more than a few people would take issue with that, since we all know that places like Vegas are bastions of moral, honest and ethical behavior. Oh yeah, all those casinos are run by choir boys for sure. Cheating a casino kind of makes me wonder who the real cheats are. My friend, this paragraph really showed any reader of this what your true colors are. Your defense of a cheating thief by trying to bastardize an entire city is really deplorable. Help me out here, are these your ethics showing or your high morals, its hard to tell? If Charlie was such an ethical man, he wouldve stayed away from this sin-infested cauldron, but by your accounts he chose to climb in bed with them and become a cheat himself. I cant wait to read what defense youll drum up regarding Dish having already lost the Tivo suit. Please educate us how Tivo had it coming to them as well? Did Saint Charlie infringe on Tivo to right the wrong thats been bestowed upon mankind by this big bad DVR company, or is he just a thief? Theres something to ponder.

Okay. Now I think Ive answered most of your questions and why, I have no idea, but I have. Hopefully I have proven that I have morals, ethics and Im not a hypocrite. I doubt you agree with my assessment and Im sure youll bring it to my attention in your next fact-dodging condemnation. My good man, let me give you some advice from one businessman to another. Stop stating you are 100% truthful. Your claims of morals and ethics are grossly overstated, as proof in the paragraph above, thus making you less than 100% truthful. When you defended his Vegas acts, you really put to rest any question of morals, ethics and truth you may have possessed with one broad swipe. Talk about killing three birds with one stone, touch.

As I, yes, stand by what I said before, youd have been better off being 100% truthful when coming here and simply stated you were just a guy trying to make a living and I would have graciously kept you out of any further postings. Instead you call into question my employment, my bank, my morals, my job and anything else to deflect the true reason behind all this. Your demand for me to, Come clean and show everyone that you are not the hypocrite you appear to be! Ive answered your questions. Where are your answers to mine? Where's the proof that you are Mr. Moral and Mr. Ethical Nice Guy?. Now honestly, heres where Im concerned for you. Are you seeing things or hearing voices?  I havent asked you a thing. If you need to stop here and read my reply, youll see that not one question was posed to you. I really dont care what you have to say. The fact that youve chosen to validate that your are nothing more than a RETAILER who is contractually obligated in your Terms And Condition section to be a happy consumer is not answering any question of mine. Still again you try to make it sound as if I were never employed by dish, stating, Possibly something like what you agreed to when you allegedly work for DISH Network. You become enraged when someone questions the truth behind this Happy consumer site of yours but are so eager to question everything about me including my alleged employment with Dish.  Come clean.  Who are you trying to convince? Me, yourself or perhaps your imagined massive audience you are trying to entertain?

Now its my turn. You have been eager and have had no problem grilling me about everything in my life, but refuse to dig in your own back yard regarding the very people you conduct business with. Thus far youve claimed ignorance as your defense where Charlie and Dish are concerned regarding treatment of employees and customers, stating I didnt know about this and I didnt know about that, so I posted several sites here for you to discover what sort of person and company youre endorsing. I never stated or mislead anyone, well perhaps I misled you, that I found 453,000 complaints on this site. Any moron whos uses a computer knows to look on the web and not here. If that isnt enough, Ive given you advice on what to type into a search engine (sorry Google, not here) to find hundreds of thousands of complaints about Dish / Echostar from customers and employees alike. Are you now going to live by your own words: A good rule of thumb that I use is this: If I see a lot of complaints about a company on more than one or two consumer-oriented sites, I tend to think that there may be a real problem with that company, and will probably avoid doing business with them. Are you now going to live by your own words and discontinue doing business with them? Oh my God, did I finally ask you a question? STOP AVOIDING MY QUESTION DAMN YOU.All kidding aside, this is on your site and in your words. Oh but then you gave yourself an out, didnt you, so as not to be held accountable by claiming that DirecTV and other places have lots of complaints too. Ohhhh how convenient for you that you can claim ignorance regarding everything about this company and founder that you so righteously defend, but boy you certainly found this posting within days. I smell a hypocrite.

What is this league you speak of that Im presumably out of? Suddenly now youre of better stock than I because you can type in BOLD print and fill one lined paragraphs with mundane crap? Heres the part that really kills me, Are you starting to get the feeling that you stepped into a bit bigger mess than you can handle? Are you seriously asking that question? Then let me answering with a resounding Absolutely NOT. Oh look, I can bold print too. You want to threaten me with baseless lawsuits, then bring it on. I have everything I need to back what Ive said and I promise I will stand against you, Charlie or anyone else that wants to dance toe to toe with me. Dont play these little girly games of yours with me. You demanded, Let's hear some answers to my questions! well you got it and because you dont like what you read, suddenly you want to threaten me with a potential suit. AGAIN BRING IT ON If you think that you can threaten me on this site and that Ill run with my tail between my legs, then you are ill advised by that jailhouse lawyer of yours. I enthusiastically urge people who do continue to read this to pay heed to your own advice and stay away from Dish. Ive posted links to 10+ consumer sites, which far exceeds the one or two you advise they find. Furthermore I hope you do continue to post remarks on here, as you are doing a better job of your own character assassination then I could ever be found liable for. You want to dance with me then put the needle on the record and lets tango. The only thing truthful thing youve written so far is that I am a decent guy. Now stop avoiding my questions, one of which is  Why dont you live by your own words?

AUTHOR: Honest Dish Employee - (USA)

What is this league you speak of that Im presumably out of? Suddenly now youre of better stock than I because you can type in BOLD print and fill one lined paragraphs with mundane crap? Heres the part that really kills me, Are you starting to get the feeling that you stepped into a bit bigger mess than you can handle? Are you seriously asking that question? Absolutely NOT. Oh look, I can bold print too. You want to threaten me with baseless lawsuits, then bring it on. I have everything I need to back what Ive said and I promise I will against you, Charlie or anyone else that wants to dance toe to toe with me. Dont play these little girly games of yours with me. You demanded, Let's hear some answers to my questions! well you got it and because you dont like what you read you want to threaten me with a potential suit. BRING IT ON If you think that you can threaten me on this site and that Ill run with my tail between my legs, then you are ill advised by that jailhouse lawyer of yours. I enthusiastically urge people who do continue to read this to pay heed to your own advice and stay away from Dish. as Ive posted links to 10+ consumer sites which exceeds the one or two you advise. Furthermore I hope you do continue to post remarks on here, as you are doing a better job of your own character assassination then I could ever be found liable for. You want to dance with me, then youd better bring your dancing shoes. The only thing truthful thing youve written so far is that I am a decent guy. Now stop avoiding my question, <(notice how its not plural) Why dont you live by your own words?

#6 General Comment

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

AUTHOR: surfalong - (United States of America)

Well, since you have not bothered to return with another hate-filled diatribe, I figured that Id throw a few more facts out there for other readers who may be following along.

As Ive pointed out earlier, you are obviously blinded by hate and rage where DISH Network is concerned. I think thats pretty obvious.

Lets run through some of the things you have said, and some of my responses. My last response was a bit hastily written, and Ive since thought of many other tidbits that I neglected to point out.

You know, Im even willing to entertain the notion that you might actually be a decent guy, and that your feelings towards DISH Network are based on what you feel is right. However, attacking me as some deceptive liar and scam artist is just wrong. You know nothing about me other than that I am a DISH Network authorized retailer, and whatever else I have written here or included on my site.

Lets go through some points one-by-one, shall we?

You try to paint my site as if I intended it to be a consumer awareness site. Is that because the word consumer is in the domain name? Are you confused that easily? I used the word consumer, because, as I have stated from the outset, I am a DISH Network consumer! Get it? Furthermore, I make it quite clear that I also get paid to promote DISH Network.

I guess in your mind it is impossible to promote a product and actually be objective about it. I hate to break it to you, but I actually like my DISH Network service and have been a subscriber for almost a dozen years. If I were hiding the fact that I get paid to promote DISH Network, I could see the logic of assuming it was some kind of consumer awareness scam site, but, as we all know, that is not the case is it?

By the way, as someone who was supposedly a coach for a DISH Network sales center for 10 months, it brings to mind the old saying that has to do with the pot calling the kettle black, wouldnt you say? And since there are no lies on my site, and youve pretty much admitted to lying to the sales reps you were supervising during your alleged employment, that makes it look like you could be more of a scam artist than I have ever been.

Remember now, were dealing with facts here. I know that can be a difficult concept for you, but try to stay with me this time and stick with the facts in any response you may have to offer.

FACT: I challenged you to point out anything on my site that was not true. Here is what you came up with (in addition to calling my response moronic):

1. The fact that you replied as a consumer shows just how deceptive you truly are.
2. You have a financial interest in defending this company being as you are a RETAILER, not allegedly and not this righteous consumer trying to set the record straight.
3. You would have been better off being honest in you retort, as I would have had more respect for you in your defense and would have removed you from my fact disclosing RANT.
4. But Jeez, instead you try to discredit me by making false claims and attempts to distort facts.
5. As for me being some outsider trying to hurt Dish, I have pay stubs to prove otherwise. Nice try.
6. Last count I did when I typed in Dish Network complaints, I found About 453,000 results (0.20 seconds) When I typed in Echostar complaints, I found About 299,000 results (0.18seconds) None of this is on your site in your "Disclosure & Transparency" section because you stand to lose money as an Authorized Retailer.
7. Dont pretend to be some poor victim whos on the receiving end of someones rant when in FACT youre nothing of the sort.

Well, beyond the fact that nothing you said proves anything, and you appear to have completely failed to meet my challenge to prove there are lies on my site, let me respond to some of what you were able to come up with in the same order:

1. You sure love to throw allegations around dont you? Once again where is your proof that I am being deceptive about anything?
2. I never denied that I had a financial interest in the company. Its right on my site, as well all now know. I guess anyone who defends DISH or claims they are happy with their service is the Devil?
3. Everything I have said has been the truth, but once again, you fail to provide proof, and continue with your emotion-fueled ranting and raving.
4. You need to pull out the dictionary. Please tell me when I made false claims about you. What I said was For all I know, you could be a DISH Network competitor making up a bunch of crap just to hurt the companys reputation. Thats not a false claim. Thats me telling you (and everyone else who reads this) that I have no idea who you are or who you may be. Brush up on your English. And for the love of God, please spare me! You said you would have removed you from my fact disclosing RANT? You dont really think Im living in fear of you and your fountain of unfounded allegations and poorly-conceived attacks, do you?
5. Once again, no claims were made, but nice try attempting to appear that I did.
6. You conveniently left out the portion of my Transparency & Disclosure page that reads: A big company like DISH Network has millions of customers, and as a result, there are going to be some unhappy customers who want to make the company look bad. You'll find the same kind of complaints if you investigate DirecTV or Comcast or just about any other big company. In fact, I typed dish network complaints into Google as well (which you failed to point out, leading me to believe you meant you performed that search in this site) and got close to the same results: 464,000. By the way, the number of seconds that it took for Googles servers to return a result is irrelevant, and simply indicative of how busy their servers are at the moment, or any number of other factors. But technical details aside, heres a news flash for you! I typed in directv complaints and guess how many results I received! 3,290,000! Yeah, thats over 3 million! Wow! Does that mean that nobody should sign up with DirecTV, all customers should cancel their service, and all authorized retailers and employees should disassociate themselves from the company? Goodness me, is their CEO and alleged card counter, too? Just for the record, a Google search on comcast complaints yielded a total of 756,000 results, so I guess consumers better not go there for their TV service either, right? Like I said earlier, whats a consumer to do? Is there any company out there offering pay-TV service that isnt owned and operated by Satan? Using your flawless logic, the answer is: Apparently not!
7. I dont pretend to be anything. Its all right out in the open, which is more than I can say for you. By the way, did you feel like you needed a hot shower every day when you got home from your alleged DISH Network job? After all, a saint like yourself must have endured enormous torment and personal shame working in an establishment like that and, as you admit, lying to people all day. However did you get through it? And lets not forget those pesky facts! You say that I pretend to be a poor victim, although that may be a bit of a stretch, I think almost anyone would agree that all the crap you have directed my way could be considered an attack. But the real good one is when you say when in FACT youre nothing of the sort. In FACT? How could you ever know that? Where is your proof?

Heres something else for you to think about. If I am a liar and a cheat and whatever else you have insinuated about me, it seems to me that I could end up in some hot water if my site contains lies about DISH Network or my status as a customer. As far as I know, the FTC takes that kind of thing seriously. So, in addition to my challenge for you to prove that there are any lies on my site, I challenge you, no I take that back I dare you to report my site to the FTC. Im serious. Youve made some pretty serious allegations with your poor choice of words. So go ahead. I am publicly calling you out. Report me to the FTC.

Am I worried? Not really, and there are two reasons for that:

1. There are no lies on my site and I am not misleading anyone about anything.
2. Youll have to reveal your identity to the FTC in order to make a complaint, and I suspect there may be a chance I will discover who you are. Last I knew, we all had the right to face our accuser in this country, and I dont think you want to open yourself up to whatever legal mess you may have walked into.

You really should learn to choose your words more carefully. Perhaps you should consult an attorney before you go publicly smearing someones reputation on the internet. Dont fool yourself into thinking that just because you are hiding behind a keyboard, that nobody can find out who you are.

Im not done with you yet, so keep reading, if you can keep up.

Im not forgetting your comments about the lack of information on lawsuits or Charlie Ergens background, which you seem to think makes me a liar due to the fact that there is nothing on my site like that.

Heres another shocker for you. I had no knowledge of either one of those issues. This is kind of important as well: Until lawsuits are settled and someone is convicted of a crime, its not the smartest thing in the world to start throwing accusations around now, is it? Something else a good attorney could help you out with.

Im sure that if I called DISH Network today as a potential customer, the employee that answered the phone would say something like this: Hello, and thanks for calling DISH Network. By the way, before I tell you how great our service is, I think I should tell you that a lawsuit has been filed against the company by some employees, and that our CEO was thrown out of Las Vegas for counting cards. Now then, which package can I sign you up for today?

Isnt that the way you coached your people when you were allegedly employed by DISH, Mr. Honest Nice Guy?

Your suggestion that I should put information about a pending lawsuit against DISH Network is about as ludicrous as it gets. Im promoting DISH, remember? Just like you once did. But I suppose youve seen the light and repented, and now all of your past sins have been washed away.

And what about all the employees that are still there answering the phones and trying to sell DISH Network? According to your own words: Hey, a check is a check, especially when youre unemployed. That doesnt apply to me for some reason? I was laid off a number of years back myself. For some reason Im not worthy of the same pass you give to current DISH employees, who, according to what you have said, are lying through their teeth when they tell potential customers that DISH is a good company? Whats up with that?

Heres the bottom line. You screwed up by insinuating that I am misleading people. Maybe that realization is starting to dawn on you now. I stand behind everything I have said and everything on my site. I am a real person, a happy DISH Network customer and consumer. Im not a crook, criminal or liar, in fact, I think Im a pretty decent guy overall. I sleep very well at night and am very comfortable with the way I promote DISH Network. Ive Never been arrested or even accused of a crime. What about you?

So, if you have the backbone to come back and put up another sad attempt at making me look like the bad guy, answer these questions and stop hiding the truth:

1. Did you lie to employees and/or potential customers when you allegedly worked for DISH Network?
2. Should all the people working at DISH Network be ashamed of themselves? Particularly those who work in sales and whose job it is to promote the company?
3. Have you ever been arrested or accused of a crime?
4. Where do you work now? Who is your employer?

Lets hear some answers from the guy whos so quick to accuse others of being liars or crooks.

Are you starting to get the feeling that you stepped into a bit bigger mess than you can handle? You should.

#7 General Comment

Stop avoiding my questions

AUTHOR: surfalong - (United States of America)

Something so moronic? Just cant seem to get through a post without throwing more insults around, eh? And for heavens sake, spare me with the alleged customer crap. I am a customer, is that so hard to believe?

Im deceptive? Once again I challenge you to provide some evidence. Or is it your practice to go around accusing everyone else of being a liar if they dont agree with your view of the world?

Yes, I am a RETAILER, Sherlock! That has not been denied for a second, and is revealed on my site. But according to you, Im supposed to do an extensive background check on the company CEO to find out if he is a nice guy or not?

You want to point the finger at me, but refuse to answer questions yourself? Whos the deceptive one? Will you wake up and get a grip on reality? The best youve got is that Charlie Ergen is a bad guy? According to your account anyway.

You dodged my previous questions, I see. Is every CEO of every company you do business with a nice guy? How the heck am I supposed to know all about Charlie Ergen, or if what you say is even true?

Youre a hypocrite and you know it! Come on, tell us who you bank with and where you shop. Are they all good guys? If we were to check this site for any complaints against them, will we find any? Are you a DirecTV customer? Cable TV customer? Who do you get your TV service from? Why are you so afraid to say so?

Right now, Im paying $67.99 per month. I have the Americas 120+ Package with one HD DVR and one standard-def receiver.

Respect is not something I value coming for the likes of you. Im a DISH retailer, so Im a bad guy. Gee, thanks for passing judgment on someone you know little or nothing about.

You talk about a hypothetical problem with a stove and how you would not blame the retailer, and would instead blame the company who made it. Well, how do you justify dragging me into your first post about DISH Network since I AM a retailer. Cant you get that through your head? There are just plain people out there who are retailers, and are not evil servants of DISH Network.

If your beef is with the company and not the retailer, why the condescending attack on my site?

My point about you possibly being a competitor was not to prove that you are, so you can keep your paystubs safely in the drawer. The point is that anyone can pretend to be anyone that want on the internet, which makes your story and your credibility no better than anyone elses.

By the way, I have a whole load of DISH Network bills that proves I am a customer, so if I may borrow from you, nice try!

Oh, I have taken a hard look in the mirror, pal, and as I said, everything I said it 100% true. And did you ever stop to consider that as a retailer, there are certain terms and conditions I have agreed to? Possibly something like what you agreed to when you allegedly work for DISH Network.

And please, calling Charlie Ergen out as a card counter is a pretty lame attempt to make him look bad. Cheating" casinos? I think more than a few people would take issue with that, since we all know that places like Vegas are bastions of moral, honest and ethical behavior. Oh yeah, all those casinos are run by choir boys for sure. Cheating a casino kind of makes me wonder who the real cheats are.

Youre out of your league, my friend. You have not answered my questions. You continue to hide who you work for. Why not give us a chance to check out the record of your employer? Or are you more comfortable casting stones at others and hiding your own little secrets?

Ill carry this as long as it takes. Youre not going to get away with all the crap youre hurling at me, so I hope youre up for a good long dialog. You're going to have to do better than you have so far. Let's hear some answers to my questions!

Dear Mr. Surfalong

AUTHOR: Honest Dish Employee - (USA)

Normally I would not reply to something so moronic, but your rant as an alleged consumer warrants a response. The fact that you replied as a consumer shows just how deceptive you truly are. There was nothing alleged about my employment with Dish Network and I did not come on this site pretending to be a consumer. You have a financial interest in defending this company being as you are a RETAILER, not allegedly and not this righteous consumer trying to set the record straight. Jeez, just how do you get away with BSing people these days?

You would have been better off being honest in you retort, as I would have had more respect for you in your defense and would have removed you from my fact disclosing RANT. But Jeez, instead you try to discredit me by making false claims and attempts to distort facts. Well lets play your game, only with FACTS. You write, For all I know, you could be a DISH Network competitor making up a bunch of crap just to hurt the companys reputation. Unlike you I have nothing to gain, nor do I need to make anything up to hurt this companys reputation, they are doing it just fine by themselves. Like you, I invite people to go on any search engine and type in Dish Network Complaints and you find thousands of stories. Or you can type in Echostar complaints, which is Dish Networks parent company and find a couple hundred thousand more complaints. People may not find any complaints about your web site because youre the retailer and not the company. If I have a problem with my stove, Im not going to blame the retailer Im going to blame the company who made it. As for me being some outsider trying to hurt Dish, I have pay stubs to prove otherwise. Nice try.

You write, Using your logic, every DISH Network installer, affiliate or employee is a scumbag. Is that what you are saying? I never stated nor implied that Dish Network installers or employees were scumbags and to the contrary I posted a link  - http://dishlawsuit.com - to the suit installers and other dish network employees have filed. I dont see this link on your consumer awareness site. The fact that youve given yourself this self-imposed scumbag title is your own hat to wear and not one I stated, implied or sold. The people who are in control of this company and those who stand to gain financially who refuse to treat the employees or customers with respect are the people I refer to. The fact that you use this consumer awareness approach as a marketing ploy to sell Dish throws you into this mix, especially when you don't live by your own words. Nowhere on your consumer awareness site do you let people know that Charlie Ergen, the founder and CEO of Dish Network, demands that all employees have Dish Network in their homes, which he gives the basic plan for free. By the way, how much is your bill? Additionally, nowhere on your site do you tell the story behind this great companys CEO, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Ergen) who was thrown out of Las Vegas with his partner for being a cheat and card counter. If this great CEO Charlie Ergen and his cohorts are willing to cheat major casinos out of money, imagine what theyll do to employees and customers. Yet you defend this is your RANT, because you stand to GAIN. Once again, nice try.

In closing, on your site you write verbatim, A good rule of thumb that I use is this: If I see a lot of complaints about a company on more than one or two consumer-oriented sites, I tend to think that there may be a real problem with that company, and will probably avoid doing business with them. If I see just one or two complaints, I will consider the fact that they could be the result of one of those terminally unhappy people who love to complain about anything and everything. Last count I did when I typed in Dish Network complaints, I found About 453,000 results (0.20 seconds) - When I typed in Echostar complaints, I found About 299,000 results (0.18 seconds) None of this is on your site in your "Disclosure & Transparency" section because you stand to lose money as an Authorized Retailer. Are we to believe that your witty response makes your site a pillar of truth and all the 752,000 other sites are nothing more than terminally unhappy people who love to complain about anything and everything. - Dont pretend to be some poor victim whos on the receiving end of someones rant when in FACT youre nothing of the sort. By your own words you shouldnt even sell this product, let alone be a satisfied consumer of it. Nothing Ive said here is alleged and by your own admission above, nothing youve said is 100% true. So in your own words, I suggest you take a long, hard look in the mirror before you go calling out people you have absolutely no clue about. ESPECIALLY THOSE OF US WHO HAVE NO FINANCIAL GAIN IN TELLING THE TRUTH.

#9 General Comment

Why drag me into this?

AUTHOR: surfalong - (United States of America)

Wow! You have a bad experience working for DISH Network, and at the end you drag my site into it? Yes, I own the satelliteconsumer.com site, and Im here to provide the other side of the story.

Youve obviously got a lot of pent-up anger after your alleged experience at DISH Network. Why you singled out my site with its tickled stupid review Im not sure, but I suppose people can read your rant, and then read this and make up their own minds regarding who is stupid.

Everything I have written on my site is 100% true. I challenge you to point out anything on my site that is not the truth.

I am actually a DISH Network customer. I have been a customer for nearly 12 years, and yes I am actually happy with the service. Yeah, I'm a real person! Imagine that! My site isn't some DISH Network conspiracy set up to hypnotize unwitting visitors and force them to sign up for DISH Network.

I do not work for DISH Network. I think I explained that pretty well here: (((Redacted))))l

Maybe you did have a bad experience working at DISH Network. All I can tell you is that Im a happy customer, and since DISH Network reports that they have about 14 million subscribers, I think it is reasonable to assume that at least some of them are happy!

I dont claim to know anything about how DISH Network treats their employees. I suppose I should get on the phone with my bank, my insurance company, my mortgage lender, my health care provider and the company that hauls away my trash and grill them all about how well they treat their employees?

Im sure you are certain that every company you ever do business with has a stellar record of treating their employees with dignity and respect, right? Where do you shop? Whos your bank? What TV networks do you watch? What do you eat and who produces it? Who made your computer? Who made the clothes you wear or the shoes on your feet? Can you tell me how all those companies treat their employees?

Jeez, just how do you get away with being honest with people these days? I go ahead and tell everything about how I do business, and let people know I earn a commission for promoting DISH Network and you attack me for that?

I could have like many others do neglected to make that little detail so obvious.What would you have said about that? Look at this scumbag making money promoting DISH and not telling anyone hes making money?

Jeez, how does a guy win? I tell the truth on my site and I have people like you still insinuating that I am a scumbag? You bet there are a ton of scumbags on the net, but I am not one of them, Pal, and youre darn right I will show up and defend myself against loose cannons like yourself.

OK, so maybe you had a bad experience working for DISH, and youre ticked off and want to tell the world. I dont see why those of us out there who are being honest about what we do have to be dragged into it.

For all I know, you could be a DISH Network competitor making up a bunch of crap just to hurt the companys reputation. Why should your rant be considered any more genuine or legitimate than my efforts to tell people about my experience with DISH Network and make a few bucks doing so? Ive got nothing to hide!

Why dont you tell everyone who you work for now? Then we can go look up the company and see how they treat their employees, or if they actually have (gasp!) salespeople that try to sell their product?

I suggest you take a long, hard look in the mirror before you go calling out people you have absolutely no clue about. You got a beef with DISH? Fine, but keep people who have nothing to do with your experience out of it. Ive never even been to Arizona!

Do you suppose someone shopping around for TV service might find some complaints on this site for other companies? I suspect so. Whats a consumer to do? If you look hard enough, you will find someone complaining about almost any big company you can think of. Maybe some complaints are legitimate and maybe some of them are just from the type of people that always complain about everything.

Heres an idea, Mr. Moral High Ground: Why dont you read through every single page here on RipOffReport.com and make a list of all the companies that anyone has ever complained about. Then youll know who you should not be doing business with. Good luck!

thanks coach

AUTHOR: beat down - (United States of America)

very well said and totally true. i drive all the way from north Phoenix to work @ this dump. The general manager runs this place like some kid out of high school who never had a job of authority. he walks around like some big cheese but could never do this work himself. this place does suck like they said here. this place is going to have a nice nice surprise here in about a week and i can't wait to see there faces. another coach gave his notice to quit yesterday and a lot more are going to follow. like it says here, work someplace else, this place sucks big time.

Thanks for being honest

AUTHOR: Another screwed employee - (United States of America)

If this is the coach I think it is, then he is absolutely right. He was the only coach who actually cared about helping the sales people on the floor and I do mean THE ONLY COACH. My coach, like all the others is an idiot and nothing more than a puppet for this company. The coach that wrote this would run around like crazy to help people on his team and agents on other teams, while his fellow coaches would stand around and gossip like little girls. The coaches we have today are too stupid to know the answers to questions and rather than find the answers to help us, they blame us for not knowing in the first place. This call center is loosing employees so fast they can't hire people quick enough to fill the void. It's funny to come in everyday and see fewer and fewer people and I cannot wait to get out of here. Management to this day fails to take responsibility for it's mis-treatment of employees, lack of support and training and total disregard for the customers they mis-transfer. It's us on the sales floor who get the customers transferred ten times to the wrong department, who finally end up in our lap ticked off and yelling at us and we loose money because the call counted against us. THIS PLACE SUCKS. Go to work for a burger joint and you'll at least have more respect for yourself at the end of the day. Everything this person has said is spot on, exactly what I went through and continue to go through and 100% true. As a current employee going on my second interview this week for a new job, I cannot wait to get the hell out of here and watch this place fold. When this economy turns around, this place will be a ghost town. I'll stop by the day they close the doors here for good and bid farewell to a company full of thieves' and liars. DISH SUCKS, WORK SOME WHERE ELSE

swung