Complaint Review: Dish Network - Echostar

• Updated: Fri, January 28, 2011

• Reported By: tedph — aurora Indiana USA
Dish Network - Echostar

Dish Network - Echostar Money Hungry company Internet

*Author of original report: the run around

*UPDATE Employee: it is just a discounted method for shipping,

Was a top subscuber as per dish After (10)Ten years.$120.00 per month... I cancelled my account. Told to send One reciever back. Was told I owned the other two. (After 10 Plus years.)Then days later I was told to send (2)Two of the recievers back. That is at $15.00 per reciever. After (3)Three weeks had a $130.41 charge on my account. Again I called was told they had not recieved one of the recievers after a few minutes on the phone was told yes the found lost reciever, but that charge was for the last reciever that needed to be sent back. That is at another $15.00 dollor charge. I will never let Dish into my house again. Over $45.00  to send Three recieves back. Never Never again

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2010 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-Echostar/internet/Dish-Network-Echostar-Money-Hungry-company-Internet-629935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network - Echostar

the run around

AUTHOR: tedph - (USA)

was told i was a customer for so long that the (2) receivers were mine (no good to me) but was to send just the programing card and the (3rd) receiver back. it was a newer one and hd. paid $5.00 per x 3 each monthinsurance. called more than once to get updated olderreceivers and was to have to pay more money to get this done. they would never use those older onesfor a new customer. never again and that has been my advise to all i talk to.

it is just a discounted method for shipping,

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello! This is Dan Busa with DISH Network, I would like to apologize for the experience you've had. We do pride ourselves on customer service however, these fees would be legitimate. You are not required to use the label or even ship through UPS, it is just a discounted method for shipping, that we offer. Once again I understand that the return process as a whole was more difficult than it should have been and I apologize for the confusion.

Daniel Busa