Complaint Review: Dish Network - Echostar

• Submitted: Mon, May 31, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, May 31, 2010

• Reported By: DebbieN — St Cloud Florida United States of America
Dish Network - Echostar

Dish Network - Echostar Service charge within 90 days of install! To activate a reciever! Internet

After leaving Directtv for Dish, I thought they were giving me the straight story; it is not the money ($15) it is about the sneaky way they do it; they will not admit it was the fault of the person on the phone who ordered the service.  Totally bad business practices in a country that needs us all to pull together and make things good again.  NOt as long as they charge for services not rendered.

Our satellite dish was hit by lightning; it burned out their receiver, they sent me a new one (free with standard shipping).  Mind you not just their equipment was hurt, the lightning took all my phones in the house; and answering machines; and one of my 27" televisions.  When the receiver came, I followed instructions on replacing it; and it wouldn't work, the tech support said it wasn't activated and he would take care of it; it still wouldn't work so he said we needed a technician. No mention of a charge.

The technician said it needed activation only, we got charged $15 for something that sould have been handled over the phone.

They denied that was the case, therefore calling me or the technician a liar.  Then proceeded to tell me they are #1 in Customer Service.  That is not Customer service.

The charge as I stated was not the issue, it was the bad customer service that I received, however the charge remains adding insult to injury.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2010 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-Echostar/internet/Dish-Network-Echostar-Service-charge-within-90-days-of-install-To-activate-a-reciever-608856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network - Echostar