Complaint Review: Dish Network LLC

• Updated: Thu, December 27, 2012

• Reported By: Mary — Arlington Texas United States of America
Dish Network LLC
9601 S Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network LLC Trying to make us pay for a receiver box they did not ask to have returned Englewood, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Allow Me to Assist

*Consumer Comment: Can You Help Me?

*UPDATE Employee: Assistance To Your Post

We switched our service from Dish Network to another service.  Consequently we received notification from Dish to return their equipment.  They sent two boxes along with a letter requesting that we ONLY send receiver boxes with serial numbers which matched the ones in the letter

We removed our receiver boxes and checked them against the serial numbers.  Only one of our boxes matched these numbers.  We sent back the one receiver box with those numbers along with the remotes and cables to the receiver box.

We no longer have the box which Dish Network did not want.

They are now billing us for this box.  We have spoken with three people at their Colorado location.  They will do nothing but continue to send a bill for this box.  Had they simply asked for us to return all equipment belonging to Dish, we would have done so.  But, they made the distinction of listing the serial numbers of the box(es) they wanted back.  As one of the boxes did not have the numbers, we concluded that they did not want it returned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2012 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-LLC/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-LLC-Trying-to-make-us-pay-for-a-receiver-box-they-did-not-ask-to-have-return-962275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network LLC

Allow Me to Assist

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

studerk,

Thank you very much for letting us know about that as it would be my pleasure to provide some assistance in getting it resolved!  Any issue that customers are willing to present to us via email so we can thoroughly review it appropriately and securely is taken care of and provided the proper resolution.  If this same type of situation that was posted above happened with your service, I would encourage you to email me your account number so I can have a look and see what I can do.  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Can You Help Me?

AUTHOR: studerk - (United States of America)

I am going through the same situation and would like to know if this got resolved?

Assistance To Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

Mary,

It would be my pleasure to help you with this as I found it interesting!  In order for me to provide you with optimal assistance, I would need to review your account for all information.  If you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com, I would appreciate that and would enjoy the opportunity to get this resolved!