Complaint Review: Dish Network, L.L.C.

• Submitted: Wed, March 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — West Milford New Jersey United States of America
Dish Network, L.L.C.
P Internet United States of America

Dish Network, L.L.C. Pricing was completely different quote over the phone than what was actually charged. Littleton, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd be happy to help you

I contacted Dish TV to take advantage of promo prices which would run me a little less than 60 a month for satellite TV and internet. I stepped up one tier that offered more for about 75 dollars a month which was still less than cable. I was told there would be a one time charge of 49.99 for installation.

I got off the phone and checked my bank account about 2 hours later. They had charged me the 49.99 PLUS a whopping 129.48. I called back immediately and told them to cancel my service. They did refund the 129.48 but did not refund the 49.99 installation charge and I never received any installation services.

I was going to let it go as a learning mistake but today they sent me something from a credit report saying they could not give me their best pricing package because of something fishy on my Equifax Credit report. This is certainly news to me since I just ran a credit report on myself and came up as a 781 rating which is very good.

I see that they are taking into account my lack of auto financing and that is a strike against me according to Dish TV. I have owned both my vehicles for several years now and paid loans through other financing options. Why would this be a credit problem? They are using this as a way of keeping that 49.99 which I was going to "let it go" but this letter of credit report made me so angry this is why I am here writing this rip off report!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-LLC/internet/Dish-Network-LLC-Pricing-was-completely-different-quote-over-the-phone-than-what-was-1024309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network, L.L.C.

I'd be happy to help you

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

anonymous,

After taking a look at your post, it sounds like you had gone through a retailer or sales partner to sign up for service with us as we do not have an installation fee of that dollar amount.  It sounds like their own fee that they charge.  Please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can see how your account was established and provide you with the information you need.