Complaint Review: Dish Network Satelite TV

• Reported By:Harrison Oh
Dish Network Satelite TV
Nationwide U.S.A.

DishNet Satelite frustrating ripoff

We had satelite service with DishNet for more than two years. During that time any contact with their customer service unit was frustrating and not at all helpful. Last fall we began to have problems with our reception. I called a number of times and customer service staff would put me on "hold" and eventually hang up on me.

hen I called back furious a customer service person ran me through several checks of my system and say these procedures had cleared up my problem. But I continued to be unable to get many of the channels I was paying for.

Eventually I became irate and asked to speak to a supervisor. On two occasions I was placed on "hold", but basically hung up on. When I finally reached a supervisor, he suggested I climb up on the roof of my house and check the cable coming from the dish to my house. I asked for a service call and felt they should provide this as my problem had continued for several months without resolution when all the while I was paying as much as $83 per month for their service.

Even though on numerous occasions we couldn't watch television as all. At that time the supervisor informed me I would be charged $169 for the service call. At that point I asked him to convince me that after paying for the dish, 2 units, installation and programming I was not receiving it would be a good idea for me to pay the $169 service call and continue my affiliation with them. He hung up on me. I called back...went through the entire scenario again and was offered by another supervisor a half price service call so I asked to have my service disconnected. He asked me why I wanted to cancel my service (He had to be smoking crack). I told him I felt I was entitled to a free service call at the very least. He said he did not have the authority to do that. This time I hung up. I called our local Cable TV provider and arranged for free installation scheduled for the very next day.

I called DishNet back and cancelled my service and then they offered me a free service call!!!!!!!!! I would never ever ever ever consider Satelite service again.

Harrison, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-Satelite-TV/nationwide/DishNet-Satelite-frustrating-ripoff-15292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network Satelite TV