Complaint Review: Dish Network Service LLC

• Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: studerk — hubbard Ohio United States of America
Dish Network Service LLC
Englewood,, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network Service LLC I cancelled my dish network service and was promised a refund upon return of equipment. Upon arrival of the boxes to return the equipment I gathered everything up and went to package it, when I came Englewood, , Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

On Nov 26th I requested cancellation of my Dish Network and was promised a refund upon return of the equipment. Once the box arrived I gathered all the equipment and was prepared to return it when I came across a bright colored insert stating that if if the equipment did not have a certain ss# that it was obsolete and need not be returned.

I was concerned as this didn't seem customary, so I made a call to verify.  The customer service rep verified that indeed I did not need to return the receiver, so I asked about the rest of the equipment such as the booster and the remotes.  Again he said no.  I noted his name (Ony)and the date(Dec5) of the call, of course Dish has have no record of me speaking to him. We discarded the equipment just last week!

Just yesterday I received a remote call from Dish requesting the return of the equipment I was told to discard.  I immediately contacted Dish and after speaking to 4 reps,  one who simply put me on hold passing me off after I told him my dilema, then next one who agreed with me that it did not need returned and tried to get my refund issued  but could not get it processed. I was then put on hold and through to a supervisor, and finally a resolution specialist.  Meanwhile I was online chatting with reps as well, trying to get help from a different angle.

None of them cared about my dilema they only insisted I had to return equipment  that I no longer had because of one of there people telling me otherwise.
 I was told I was going to be charged $450  if I did not return the equipment which is as we speak in a landfill somewhere much to my dismay.  I would have gladly sent it back to them.  I really think this is all a ploy for them to get money from people

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2012 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-Service-LLC/-Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Service-LLC-I-cancelled-my-dish-network-service-and-was-promised-a-refund-u-987864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network Service LLC

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

I'd like to help you with this situation as I found it interesting!  It would absolutely be my pleasure to get this looked into and taken care of.  Could you please email me your account number so I can review all the information?  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll enjoy the opportunity of assisting you further!