Complaint Review: Dish Network - VMC Satellite

• Updated: Mon, April 05, 2010

• Reported By: Jovicee — Laurel Maryland United States of America
Dish Network - VMC Satellite

Dish Network - VMC Satellite LYING, UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES Internet

I contact this company which is an affiliate of my own network marketing business to get Satellite service for myself. BIG MISTAKE!!! The installer was very unprepared. He knew he was coming to a rental unit, but still did not have the proper equipment to install the dish on my balcony. He said the piece needed would not be available for 2-3 weeks. Well of course I did not want to wait, so I ordered Direct TV (also through and affiliate) and was installed the next day. At the time of placing the dish order, I was told I had to pay a 49.99 processing fee. Fine. AT NO TIME WAS I TOLD THIS WAS NON-REFUNDABLE UNTIL I TRIED TO GET A REFUND. If I were told that I would have NEVER agreed. I would not pay a non-refundable fee for a service I have not yet received especially when I compared both companies and there was no such policies with Direct TV. When I called DISH to cancel I explained that I was charged 49.99 and asked when that would be refunded. I was told, any fees charged will be available in 3-5 business days. She even went as far to explain to me that it wasnt a charge but a hold. BULL!!!

I called VMC after I checked my CC statement and saw the charge there, that when they told me the fee was for procesisng the order and it was non refundable. WHAT!!! I never even had the service. EVER!!! Then he basically said I should have just waited the 2-3 weeks until they wer eready and got it installed. UNBELIEVABLE!! I will be disputing this charge with my CC company and advise anyone to STAY AWAY from VMC!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network-VMC-Satellite/internet/Dish-Network-VMC-Satellite-LYING-UNETHICAL-BUSINESS-PRACTICES-Internet-589737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network - VMC Satellite