Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Tue, November 20, 2012

• Reported By: DanHill — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Dish Network
PO Box 105169, Atl GA 30348-5169 Alanta, Georgia United States of America

Dish Network Charged $256.73.00 cancel my Disk Network because of unreliable service and equipement Failure Alanta, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Service

*Author of original report: Location Correction

*Author of original report: Customer Service Contact Reason?

*UPDATE Employee: Signal

I was changed $256.73 to cancel teh unreliable Dish Network Service because their equipment had failed and I was no longer able to receive signals. Their equipment was very unreliable and I would lose signal every time a cloud went over my house. This was quite frequent and they could not resolve the signal problem. After a large storm the fragile electronics in the disk finally failed. They wanted to change me to fix their own equipment that didn't work reliability in the first place. I had no choice but to cut my losses and terminate the service. To add to this frustration,  on termination the Dish Network people were rude and only interested in what's good for their business. I was fooled into believing their service was as reliable as cable and that they would stand behind their equipment. I want my $256.00 refunded because I never got the service that was promised nor would their equipment operate without failure on my house.  The charges are $1700 for return of their failed equipment, $227.50 for early termination, and $12.23 state local taxes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Alanta-Georgia-30348-5169/Dish-Network-Charged-2567300-cancel-my-Disk-Network-because-of-unreliable-service-and-964635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Service

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish - (USA)

I would need to review your account before I can determine the proper resolution for you. Please email me at becki.barned@dish.com.

Becki Barned
DISH Internet Response Team

Location Correction

AUTHOR: DanHill - (United States of America)

My location is incorrect in the report and should be Alexandia Virginia.  I guess this Dish TV customer satisfaction issue could be nation wide.

Customer Service Contact Reason?

AUTHOR: DanHill - (United States of America)

I attempted talking to your so called customer support and they tried to use the early cut off charges to force me to stay with the unreliable Dish TV.  With the broken equipment repairs they were going to continue to take money each month rom my family.  What makes you any different? Are you proposing Dish has made as mistake and will refund my money?  They already said they would drop the equipment return box fee, but I was charged it on the bill anyway. I wish I researched your customer satisfaction policy more before signing up.  Hopefully, this report helps another family from having their money taken as I expect you are not going to send my family's back our money.  Tell us what you are doing here.

Signal

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish - (USA)

Signal loss and signal issues can be very frustrating. I would be happy to review your account and the charges you are referring to. Please send me an email at becki.barned@dish.com. Thank you!

Becki Barned